Acro ID + Polyps not coming out fully

Fin Jackson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All,
I'm new to SPS and picked up this frag along with a Red Monti Cap and some nice Pocci frags on the weekend from my LFS. I didn't get the name of the acro (If it has one) and I've just got some questions that I hope to have answered. First up is what's this guy called? The pictures don't really do justice but he has a very nice blue/green colouration with bright green polyps under blue light and a browner surface with hints of green under whiter light. My second question has to do with the polyp extension of the coral. The tips of the polyps come out during the day and a few open up fully at night when the lights are off. Its right in the centre of my tank where the flow meets and lots of light from my radions (in acclimation mode). Parameters are good as well, I feed my fish 2 - 3 times daily but I skim heavily and have a mature refugium, so nitrates stay around 1 and Phosphates around 0.04 - 0.05. I usually feed my coral 2-3 times a week, but I ran out of food last week and forgot to pick more up on the weekend, so I have to go back this week. Tanks been set up for almost 1 year now and has been stable for the past few months so I thought Id give SPS a go. Corals have only been in for 3 days, so I'm not to worried at the moment, just thought I'd ask. Thanks for any help!
Fin

Acro White.jpg Acro.jpg ACRO 3.jpg

lemonade

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Top down would be better for an ID, but kind of looks like A. Austera. As for the polyps it probably needs some more time to settle in. If it is an Austera they don't really get super fuzzy PE during the photoperiod, but if you don't have any polyp nippers and the coral is happy you should expect to see some visible polyps start coming out.

OP
OP
F

Fin Jackson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the response mate, checked again last night and more polyps were coming out. Great to hear that it might have a name so I can do some more research lol.

OP
OP
F

Fin Jackson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are the top-down pictures as requested! Sorry again for the bad pictures, looks really dull and washout out, but is a lot brighter in real life. More polyps are starting to peak out now which I'm very happy about!

Attachments

• IMG20211020174834.jpg
    IMG20211020174834.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG20211020174941.jpg
    IMG20211020174941.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 74

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back