Ai prime 16 hd question

Sexytang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75g tank where most of the rock work is right in the middle of the tank one foot of the other side has nothing I’m running three ai prime 16s over the tank atm. But was wounding if two would be ok. Tank has nems and mostly softies
0B94B5ED-6E14-4705-ABF3-72E4D9E36DE6.png

KC's CNC Creations

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think with the coverage/spread you would get if you space the lights at 16" IN from each side (leaving 16" between them), you won't have an issue with any of the softies but you may find the anemones start to walk UP the rocks till they are content with it. it works fine on a 40 breeder at that spacing for softies and higher light demanding things directly under the lights and toward the top.

Nommarune

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75g tank where most of the rock work is right in the middle of the tank one foot of the other side has nothing I’m running three ai prime 16s over the tank atm. But was wounding if two would be ok. Tank has nems and mostly softies
0B94B5ED-6E14-4705-ABF3-72E4D9E36DE6.png
What's the measurement of you foot print and height. I run the ai prime as well. 1 prime at 100% will light and 24x 24 area. Par readings would be in the 80-200 area depending on depth and how far from center. If you are only going to run softies and lps the. You could go with 2 per 4ft. And would have enough coverage. The down side is the you would have and odd par in the center top of the tank I would think. Running three you can even the par and reduce the output on the lights for longer life of the lights. For sps you would want to consider the light only lighting an 18x18 area. So you would for sure need three on 4 ft.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back