Anyone Know The What These Problems Are?

Zaitsev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guy's. I Was treating tank for white spot/ich with polyp lab medic. At day 20 almost last day I've noticed this on my Queen Angel. Also Naso tang and emperor have cloudy eyes (parameters were fine). Done a 60% water change and dosed with flukesolve. My naso tang has came out with a few black spots which I suspect black ich or the flukes being drawn to the surface I'm not sure. Been advised to run fluke M one week after the flukesolve and after another water change.

The stuff on the Queens fin looks fluffy, I suspect lymphocytes or fungus again I'm not sure.
Any help or input would be greatly appreciated. I've attached this picture of the angel.

Thanks guys

20230530_122122.jpg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
Zaitsev

Zaitsev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi, welcome to the reef, the more info the better
@Jay Hemdal
Hi, Tank is 120 Gallons parameters are fine 0-0-12. PH 8.1 SG 1.024 Tank is around 3 months old and established with ATM Colony in 4 weeks. Running 2 x 2000lph canister filters (no carbon atm during treatment) 1 x uv, No skimmer, 1 x double large powerhead, with 2 x 24w mixed led light strips, 60% water changes every 2 weeks (Its a lot I know) and temperature always constant at 25°C with 35kg reef rocks and 40kg coral sand (course and fine)
Using 4 stage RO water with PH buffer.
Coral pro Salt dissolved in heated water in 210ltr food grade water butt's.

Sizes here are at the high end of estimations and all fish were purchased from the same reputable supplier.

1 x cuoyi parrotfish 6"
1 x juvenile emperor 5"
1 x juvenile angel 5"
1 x naso tang 5"
1 x foxface 5"
1 x scooter blenny 3"
2 x small clowns 1-1.5"
6 x small blue chromis 1"
1 x Blue starfish 4"
2 x conch snails
3 x mexican turbo snails
6 x turbo snails
A few fish I also know it sounds more than it looks.

All fish have high appetites and are eating everything from frozen brine shrimp with garlic, brine shrimp flakes, mixed marine flakes, mixed formula 2 pellets, raw shrimp, prawns, scampi, clams, scallops, squid and seaweed sheets.
Feeding around 3 x per day making sure not to over feed.

Thanks

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi guy's. I Was treating tank for white spot/ich with polyp lab medic. At day 20 almost last day I've noticed this on my Queen Angel. Also Naso tang and emperor have cloudy eyes (parameters were fine). Done a 60% water change and dosed with flukesolve. My naso tang has came out with a few black spots which I suspect black ich or the flukes being drawn to the surface I'm not sure. Been advised to run fluke M one week after the flukesolve and after another water change.

The stuff on the Queens fin looks fluffy, I suspect lymphocytes or fungus again I'm not sure.
Any help or input would be greatly appreciated. I've attached this picture of the angel.

Thanks guys

20230530_122122.jpg
This is lymphocystis which is common with large angels and butterfly fish. Often its associated with poor water quality such as elevated ammonia or nitrate and diet. The body mass suggests adequate diet but concerning is the fish in the pic appears to have either mucus or other issue on skin.
Is it breathing normal or heavy?
Still eating?

Looking closely at fish, any unusual skin disorders or film?

A water change would not hurt and monitor water levels with a good quality test kit

OP
OP
Zaitsev

Zaitsev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is lymphocystis which is common with large angels and butterfly fish. Often its associated with poor water quality such as elevated ammonia or nitrate and diet. The body mass suggests adequate diet but concerning is the fish in the pic appears to have either mucus or other issue on skin.
Is it breathing normal or heavy?
Still eating?

Looking closely at fish, any unusual skin disorders or film?

A water change would not hurt and monitor water levels with a good quality test kit
Hi there.
Thanks for the info. From what I have read there are no treatment for lymphocystis am I correct? As recently said above no heavy breathing or ammonia and all are eating great. Water change again this week maybe after running flukesolve then advised to run fluke M. I received the fluke M but it states only for cold water ornamental fish?? Is this still OK for salted aquariums do you know? And Should I run the flukesolve longer than 1 week before the fluke M?
Also yeah I've noticed my foxface and naso have been a little pale. I've been obsessed with water quality and changes and doing things by the book as I know them so far.

Thanks again

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi there.
Thanks for the info. From what I have read there are no treatment for lymphocystis am I correct? As recently said above no heavy breathing or ammonia and all are eating great. Water change again this week maybe after running flukesolve then advised to run fluke M. I received the fluke M but it states only for cold water ornamental fish?? Is this still OK for salted aquariums do you know? And Should I run the flukesolve longer than 1 week before the fluke M?

Thanks again
Fluke M , not recommended.
Just confirming no change in breathing as I was concerned with skin.
Not sure if there is issue either bacterial (no signs of flukes), but you can safely use reef safe Ruby Rally pro which would address an array of issues including bacterial, flukes and secondary issues.
Correct on no cure with lympho which with good water quality and diet will fall off on its own

OP
OP
Zaitsev

Zaitsev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fluke M , not recommended.
Just confirming no change in breathing as I was concerned with skin.
Not sure if there is issue either bacterial (no signs of flukes), but you can safely use reef safe Ruby Rally pro which would address an array of issues including bacterial, flukes and secondary issues.
Correct on no cure with lympho which with good water quality and diet will fall off on its own
Previous post updated about skin. Thanks

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Previous post updated about skin. Thanks
Saw that. I see youre in Scotland. If no ruby Rally pro, you can use NT Labs Acriflavine and Sera Tremazole which is equivalent to Prazi Pro in the United States

OP
OP
Zaitsev

Zaitsev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw that. I see youre in Scotland. If no ruby Rally pro, you can use NT Labs Acriflavine and Sera Tremazole which is equivalent to Prazi Pro in the United States
Hey bud thanks. Yeah I sourced these antibacterial treatments before the cloudy eye. My plan is already to treat as you suggested with these products. The paratonical is the parazoryne over here and both treatments are from NT labs. When your suggesting these treatments do you have a specific infection in mind your thinking of tackling or just suggesting to me as an all round treatment?
I'll double check the ingredients on the boxes. I've uploaded pics of meds and here's a few of my fish to show size, health, colour change and some spots. Look close at the emperor and the tang. Think the emperor is just scratching but not sure if it's what causing this. I suspect internal flukes again I'm not an expert. Foxface looks like he has a little acne.

Thanks again

Attachments

• 20230601_170336.jpg
    20230601_170336.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 20230601_170542.jpg
    20230601_170542.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 23
  • 20230601_170424.jpg
    20230601_170424.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 20230601_170436.jpg
    20230601_170436.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 20230601_170445.jpg
    20230601_170445.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 20230601_170459.jpg
    20230601_170459.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 20

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back