Best way to kill zoas without getting poisoned

FranklinDattein

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 7, 2014
Messages
337
Reaction score
353
Location
Gold Coast, Australia
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi reefers,

what would be an ideal way to kill a small amount of zoas and avoid Palitoxin?

I have a couple of zoa gardens, sometimes a particular type becomes more prominent and starts mixing with other colors, until it overcomes the original colony. The result is a less desirable colony taking over an precious one.
Due to the complex aqua scape, it isn't always possible to frag it.

I've been shooting them with Aiptasia killing solutions, but I am keen to hear what other methods people use.
 
I just did this to some palys that where taking over my tank. Inject them with a needle of lemon juice. Works well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 15.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new