OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man yours has so much pink! Mine is ended up in 2 pieces and is like 99% green haha.
53A97949-1A6D-4D0A-8C79-119D843CCCF1.jpeg
E9320994-7AD8-4F22-A238-38AFEAFF2FA4.jpeg
Did your colors start out as the bottom pic?

Norcalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did your colors start out as the bottom pic?
The bottom pic is a second piece of it I have. I got both pieces when I someone shut down their tank so not totally sure. The bottom piece has maintained the nice blending as it’s grown out, so maybe the big green piece started as mostly green? Yours is beautiful though

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just read ur thread nice stuff sir nice stuff

I actually have found that when adding Corals my alk consumption lowers for a day or two so say my tank is consuming 1.5 dkh a day when I add Corals it only consumes 1 dkh for a day or two then everything goes back to normal I thought I was going crazy but it has been verified by my khg on my last pack

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just read ur thread nice stuff sir nice stuff

I actually have found that when adding Corals my alk consumption lowers for a day or two so say my tank is consuming 1.5 dkh a day when I add Corals it only consumes 1 dkh for a day or two then everything goes back to normal I thought I was going crazy but it has been verified by my khg on my last pack
Thanks for the compliment!

What do you think causes your alk to do that when you add coral?

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also I think Corals are smart

They are alive and they can sense other “threats” in the tank and once they realize that the other coral is no threat to them they go back to business as normal

I have no proof of this at all but i think it could be truthful as the new Corals are expelling whatever in there new tank environment and the established Corals can sense that and kind of put up a protective barrier of sorts and shut down their consumption of alk as they feel they could be in danger

What do I know tho it’s just my thoughts but in the last year I have gotten multiple shipments of Corals that had ten plus frags in it and noticed it with my Hannah and now with the khg that the consumption stops for a day or two and besides my hands in the tank nothing else changed.

Now if I could somehow add the Corals with chop sticks or a lucky jump shot instead of my hands to prove my other theory correct

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always share my best looking corals. I figured I would share the ones I struggle to look good.

The first one I got from Battlecorals is "Hot pink Milli". I think later on he changed the name to "Golden Rose" if I remember correctly. I have never been able to get this thing to resemble anything like a hot pink color. I can see a little bit in the back side of this coral but I can't see that from the front. I have seen others get this coral in their Battlebox, so I wonder what it looks like for them.
Hot pink milli Aug 12.jpg

Sky Parade I also got from Adam. The part that gets the most light is shaded green. You can also see where the original frag is because it has less polyp extension in that area also. All new growth has good polyp extension and seems to have better color. I am wanting this thing to get big to see what it will really look like.
Sky parade Aug 12.jpg

Last edited:

AngryOwl

Angry
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always share my best looking corals. I figured I would share the ones I struggle to look good.

The first one I got from Battlecorals is "Hot pink Milli". I think later on he changed the name to "Golden Rose" if I remember correctly. I have never been able to get this thing to resemble anything like a hot pink color. I can see a little bit in the back side of this coral but I can't see that from the front. I have seen others get this coral in their Battlebox, so I wonder what it looks like for them.

Sky Parade I also got from Adam. The part that gets the most light is shaded green. You can also see where the original frag is because it has less polyp extension in that area also. All new growth has good polyp extension and seems to have better color. I am wanting this thing to get big to see what it will really look like.
Sky parade Aug 12.jpg
All these shots with the new lens and focus technology thingy?

kevlow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sky parade Aug 12.jpg
That is an awesome looking milli. I love the deep red sangria look. Fully saturated colors are always eye grabbers and give corals a very healthy look.
Those long, single strand polyps sometimes turn blueish with even higher light. Great looking piece. No struggle there. lol.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All these shots with the new lens and focus technology thingy?
I have no idea what you mean. I take pics with a Nikon D3000.

That is an awesome looking milli. I love the deep red sangria look. Fully saturated colors are always eye grabbers and give corals a very healthy look.
Those long, single strand polyps sometimes turn blueish with even higher light. Great looking piece. No struggle there. lol.
Thanks! I wanted a hot pink color though, lol

kevlow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no idea what you mean. I take pics with a Nikon D3000.

Thanks! I wanted a hot pink color though, lol
I have a wild cool lime /hot pink cooking right now. [It looks incredible but I am trying to not get my hopes up. No photos yet] But, it is a ways away from being fragable. Maybe one day I can commute over to your side of I4 and swap goodies with you.

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received some coral from @FarmerTy this morning!!

7B1A9942-68CD-4FB9-A6A0-6BCBE82CBBDE.jpeg
Hey, get those floating in the tank and stop snapping pictures Bubba! Priorities man! [emoji12]

I can't wait to see what you do with those! The colors you can pull are amazing!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back