Carpet Anemone Help

TheReefer00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
YouTube - Yellow Carpet Anemone 4 I come home from work to find a tear on the outedge of the anemone,I have nothing but a cleaning crew in the tank and It has a whole side of the tank to its self(I believe its a baby(6-7in) yellow capet gigantea) I've only had it a little over a week now. It is still very sticky even being damaged. Last night about an hour after the lights went off I check on it and it was trying to move(from a 2 pound rock it was on) and hanging on by a thread, after 10 min of watchin it let go and as soon as it hit this big shelf rock it grabed on thank god. When I got up I went and checked on it and it crawled back onto the rock it came from strange right? Any Help on what I can do to help in its recovery would be great. Has anyone had an anemone tear and survive?

subielover

Renegade reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That anemone looks very bleached. Not good at all. What kind of lighting is it under now? Best thing that you can probably do is to feed it a couple times a week and hope for the best, unfortunately it may be too late.:cry:

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 71 30.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 65 28.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 49 21.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 45 19.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back