Carpet Anenome sand bed depth?

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gigantea does not require a sand bed. Haddoni like sand but can make do with almost any dept. I recommend 2+ inches but I see them live long term with 1 inch

jy808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gigantea does not require a sand bed. Haddoni like sand but can make do with almost any dept. I recommend 2+ inches but I see them live long term with 1 inch

What is the best placement for a carpet anemone, directly onto the sand, or let it attach to some rocks that are on the sand already?

Should I make a really deep crevice for it?

jy808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which carpet?
I recently purhased a carpet anemone, can't say what type as I only assumed there was one.
Currently in acclimation box as i want it to settle with the water in the mean time while i make some room on the sandbed for it. Im just unsure how to place it on the sandbed, directly on the sand or place some rocks and crevices on the sand bed for it to latch onto,.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sorry but there are three species of clownfish hosting anemones, each required a different condition. Perhaps a picture of the anemone, including the column and oral plate would help in ID them.

jy808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sorry but there are three species of clownfish hosting anemones, each required a different condition. Perhaps a picture of the anemone, including the column and oral plate would help in ID them.

Currently in the dark. As it's night here.

20200915_224824.jpg

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a Crytodendrum adaesivum (The Pizza anemone) non clownfish hosting anemone. Very aggressive and will eat any fish it come in contact with.
I would be hesitant to put it in a reef, or an aquarium other than species aquarium. You should return it. I think it is a sand bed anemone.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a Crytodendrum adaesivum (The Pizza anemone) non clownfish hosting anemone. Very aggressive and will eat any fish it come in contact with.
I would be hesitant to put it in a reef, or an aquarium other than species aquarium. You should return it. I think it is a sand bed anemone.
It is a sand bed nem. As @OrionN mentioned, it will not host anything fish wise. I have seen sexy shrimp reside in them though. They are beautiful nems and are very hardy. If you had the space, light, etc, you could setup a species tank for it. But I would not suggest it in a reef tank. Even the slightest contact with a fish is bad. Think mouse glue trap of the nem world. Barely touch and they are stuck. Most other nems are sticky, but these guys when healthy are nasty sticky.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back