Clueless

Newbieneedshelp36

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone I'm Jason and as the title says I'm clueless!!! Quick run down I got a 28g nano complete with coral sand fish lights filter etc... For $150!!!!!! Needless to say couldn't pass it up!!! First question I'm pretty sure I have bristle worms and alot of them, good or bad? Should there be a period of no lights cause the lighting system has a tag for daylight, Dawn/till dusk, and moonlight? I'm sorry I have two clown fish two angel fish a few crab alot of snails and a few other things I'm not sure what they are I added a pic of the ( bristle worm) but I'm not to computer savvy so it's not on this thread

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R :) plenty of info on this site to learn from. Bristle worms are ok, however, in large numbers or size they can irritate corals and you. What kind of angels are they? Seems tight for a 28 with that list of fish.

OP
OP
Newbieneedshelp36

Newbieneedshelp36

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I got the tank approximately 3 months ago there was 3 more fish and a shrimp which have died I'm not sure what kind of angel fish or coral are in my tank my busy part of the year is ending so now I can study study study
IMG_20170611_152235.jpg

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I got the tank approximately 3 months ago there was 3 more fish and a shrimp which have died I'm not sure what kind of angel fish or coral are in my tank my busy part of the year is ending so now I can study study study
IMG_20170611_152235.jpg
I see a clown, pajama cardinal, and cleaner shrimp in that pic. The Pajama Cardinal may be what you referred to as the angel fish?

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the club! Lots of great people here. From the pic I see pajama cardinals but no angel fish. I think arrow crabs eat bristle woms. They do help the tanks by eating leftovers and dead things but I can't stand them and be careful not to touch them! Nice deal on the set up.

OP
OP
Newbieneedshelp36

Newbieneedshelp36

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see a clown, pajama cardinal, and cleaner shrimp in that pic. The Pajama Cardinal may be what you referred to as the angel fish?

Yes that is what I referred to as an angel fish you see the size of the shrimp he was fine one night I went to bed when I got up he was gone!!!!

Myth

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi and welcome I'm new also but been doing this for a few years. Your tank is looking a little green, get some test kits and do the tests, the expearienced guys in here will direct you in the right direction then. You realy need to test for ph,nitrate , nitrite, ammonia, salinity

OP
OP
Newbieneedshelp36

Newbieneedshelp36

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it's green and it's driving me nuts!! I have a friend getting a care package together for me she as had her tanks for 20 yrs so hopefully I'll be posting new pics soon with a much cleaner tank!!!

IMG_20171014_112918.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back