Dosing questions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They only come in 1000mL. :)

You can dilute if you dilute all parts equally.

3a + 3b can be combined but the dose will need to be doubled.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it should be mixed to make 1000ml

I hope your just missing a zero.

When and where did you buy your Core7?

These are the instructions for the current version that I think you have.

Preparing the Base Elements.
Base Elements1: The powder should be added to 9L RODI and mixed until fully dissolved (warming the RODI can help) then topped up to make10L. <-- that's 1000ml
Base Elements2: Add the liquid to 9L RODI
BaseElements3A: Add the liquid to 9L RODI
BaseElements3B: Add the liquid to 9L RODI

Bottle Contents
Number1=Alkalinity+Traces
Number2=Calcium+Traces
Number3A=Magnesium+Traces
Number3B=Magnesium+Traces

FYI...10/L is not 1,000 mL. It’s 10,000 mL’s.

OP
OP
CSJIII

CSJIII

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update, starting to see a downward trend with all levels. Sent Triton test out in the Thursday mail.

DCCBB1D1-E13F-430A-BCBE-72BADC2A7159.png

OP
OP
CSJIII

CSJIII

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Alk keeps going up with 2.4 ml a day. This morning I cut it in half. Instead of .1 ml every hour, it’s now .1 ml every other hour.
See where it goes from here and wait for Triton test results

682E9506-CE69-4989-B919-19946460209B.png D95E360E-2B59-45E1-84C6-38AA1F072FB5.png

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’re consumption is not staying the same or dropping. Something is off.

Did you decrease just the ALK or all parts?

OP
OP
CSJIII

CSJIII

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Decreased all parts equally. They have always been set up to dose the same amount. Here are levels as of 1 hour ago since it tests 4x a day. The blip in the Alk and can on the graph is due to calibration this morning.

A2CB1ECB-D4FB-414B-906C-AEB055204CC1.png

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Decreased all parts equally. They have always been set up to dose the same amount. Here are levels as of 1 hour ago since it tests 4x a day. The blip in the Alk and can on the graph is due to calibration this morning.

A2CB1ECB-D4FB-414B-906C-AEB055204CC1.png

Numbers are in range.

OP
OP
CSJIII

CSJIII

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since stability is key here, even though I am trying to reduce my Alk to triton suggested levels. The trend in the graph is that my Alk is highest at midnight when it performs its 4x a day test. Any suggestions if I should change my dosing schedule to every hour while lights are on and maybe every 3 hours while lights are off?

Attached is my most recent tests. (The anomaly is calibration)

41CC0545-1DB0-432F-B56F-8A8C1925C349.png

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If Alk is rising more than 0.2-0.4 dKH then lower your dose.

Last edited:

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since stability is key here, even though I am trying to reduce my Alk to triton suggested levels. The trend in the graph is that my Alk is highest at midnight when it performs its 4x a day test. Any suggestions if I should change my dosing schedule to every hour while lights are on and maybe every 3 hours while lights are off?

Attached is my most recent tests. (The anomaly is calibration)

41CC0545-1DB0-432F-B56F-8A8C1925C349.png

You’re Alk will drop the most during the photo period. What you suggested above sounds to be a better plan if your doser can do that. If you’re still having problems with the Alk climbing and your dose is at the minimal level, you might wanna switch over to the regular base elements (weaker solution) or dilute your Core7 until your tank has a higher demand. With that being said, you will have to tweak your dose to again find the sweet spot. It’s a pain to get them dialed in sometimes and can be dangerous. If you don’t have sticks you could test once a day at same time and tweak dose from there. If you do have sticks I would test at least twice a day to fine tune the dose. Every 6-12 hours is a good way to test during transitions.

OP
OP
CSJIII

CSJIII

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’re Alk will drop the most during the photo period. What you suggested above sounds to be a better plan if your doser can do that. If you’re still having problems with the Alk climbing and your dose is at the minimal level, you might wanna switch over to the regular base elements (weaker solution) or dilute your Core7 until your tank has a higher demand. With that being said, you will have to tweak your dose to again find the sweet spot. It’s a pain to get them dialed in sometimes and can be dangerous. If you don’t have sticks you could test once a day at same time and tweak dose from there. If you do have sticks I would test at least twice a day to fine tune the dose. Every 6-12 hours is a good way to test during transitions.

I do have some sticks and everting seems like it’s going good. The numbers are headed down so I have to wait a bit then try to catch the levels to even them off. 7.6-7.8 Alk I’ve read gives the best results and colors

F6D90CD7-EFA4-4163-8DBA-64457B616343.jpeg 86862833-C31C-49B6-A8D4-B1C4227961F0.jpeg

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have some sticks and everting seems like it’s going good. The numbers are headed down so I have to wait a bit then try to catch the levels to even them off. 7.6-7.8 Alk I’ve read gives the best results and colors

F6D90CD7-EFA4-4163-8DBA-64457B616343.jpeg 86862833-C31C-49B6-A8D4-B1C4227961F0.jpeg

Heading down as in the tank is consuming more now? So what is your current dose?

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Consuming more as well as reduced dosing from 2.4 ml each per day, to 1.2 ml each part per day to get my Alk down just below 8 dkh

EDFF321C-C3A4-424A-8D96-0E91C592C62A.png

Sounds good. Just a thought....

If you dose more times per day the tank will become more stable and you'll see better growth. Same principle behind Calcium Reactors.

Example: 1.2mL per day of each part. That's really hard to break up. Most dosers only go down to about 0.1mL. To be frank it would be pointless to break up a dose that small. You almost don't need to dose. Kalkwasser would probably be a better option at this point due to your low demand and Core7 being the strongest 2-part on the market. Then you could dose "Triton Infusion" with it. This would work out better IMO and will still provide the trace elements your seeking from Core7.

If you don't wanna go that route, think about maybe switching over to the "Base Elements" and saving the Core7 for later.

Say you changed to the "Base Elements" or diluted your current Core7 solution. Your dose may now become 10 or 15mL per day that can be dosed more frequent due to the less potent solution.

Example: Lets say this dilution changed your daily dose to 15mL. With my doser I could take that 15mL and dose it 150x per day. 150 x 0.1 = 15mL dose daily.

Conclusion....the dose that hits the water is less potent which results in less of a spike to the system and therefore increased stability. Of course you don't need to dose like this and will be successful either way. I just know that dosing more frequent with smaller doses promotes more growth.

Since you do not have a high demand or a tank packed full of SPS...you're goal is likely different than mine. However, I do feel like you would benefit more from the base elements as your tanks is currently and it would be safer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CSJIII

CSJIII

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good. Just a thought....

If you dose more times per day the tank will become more stable and you'll see better growth. Same principle behind Calcium Reactors.

Example: 1.2mL per day of each part. That's really hard to break up. Most dosers only go down to about 0.1mL. To be frank it would be pointless to break up a dose that small. You almost don't need to dose. Kalkwasser would probably be a better option at this point due to your low demand and Core7 being the strongest 2-part on the market. Then you could dose "Triton Infusion" with it. This would work out better IMO and will still provide the trace elements your seeking from Core7.

If you don't wanna go that route, think about maybe switching over to the "Base Elements" and saving the Core7 for later.

Say you changed to the "Base Elements" or diluted your current Core7 solution. Your dose may now become 10 or 15mL per day that can be dosed more frequent due to the less potent solution.

Example: Lets say this dilution changed your daily dose to 15mL. With my doser I could take that 15mL and dose it 150x per day. 150 x 0.1 = 15mL dose daily.

Conclusion....the dose that hits the water is less potent which results in less of a spike to the system and therefore increased stability. Of course you don't need to dose like this and will be successful either way. I just know that dosing more frequent with smaller doses promotes more growth.

Since you do not have a high demand or a tank packed full of SPS...you're goal is likely different than mine. However, I do feel like you would benefit more from the base elements as your tanks is currently and it would be safer.

I appreciate the response. I am currently dosing 1.2 ml of each per day, broken down to 0.1 ml every 2 hours. My plan here is to catch the downward trend as it approaches 7.8 dkh by adding a 13th or 14th 0.1ml dose and have it go stable somewhere around the sweet spot.

5F791EC8-E5AC-4E25-ACB9-C03DA330CD6C.jpeg B8899516-91E7-4D38-8449-102D39FAF07E.jpeg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

• Other.

Back