Dumb question... water flow.

Jesse Sunday

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Hi all!

I have a Biocube 32 and might have jumped the gun with regard to filtration and "upgrades"...

I bought the inTank Media Basket AND the inTank Fuge Basket... Well, I thought I would put my (quickly growing in the second chamber of the AIO!) ball of Chaeto in the Fuge. BUT. How will it get the flow it needs?

The water will flow in the red line, and the blue will be nearly stagnant, from what I can guess. Right?

If I'm supposed to put the Chaeto into the Media Basket, what's the Fuge used for?!

Thanks!

20230202_173908.jpg

OP
OP
Jesse Sunday

Jesse Sunday

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Here's the current setup, stock filtration, and the Chaero in the middle... please forgive the taped Chaeto light; I'm hesitant to affix it with the velcro since I don't know which configuration I'll end up with.

It seems like the Chaeto will have a lot more room as is, and more flow, vs. if I were to replace it with the inTank baskets.

Attachments

• 20230202_185509.jpg
    20230202_185509.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 54

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I had this tank. I didn’t use a basket. I do remember that little light!

Fun story. I had that tank set up for a few years. Once or twice a week a zoa frag would “fall” into this one spot. I’d glue them back. Then one day one of my beautiful blue faced bicinctus went missing. Then the other one committed suicide.

Something seemed odd so I put a red light and a camera on the tank. About 1-2 am a 2’ Eunice worm came out from the rock and began to hunt. He was using the zoas as a door. He came in on the Live rock I imagine and managed to stay hidden in a small cube for a long time.

Had to tear down the tank to get it out and it fought me like it was going to kill me.

Anyhoo…I ran chaeto in the back with that light. Worked wonderfully. Don’t get caught up in the idea of a perfect tumbling ball of chaeto. Take it out, give it a rinse when you do water changes or once a month or whatever and it’s fine.

Buckster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't like the 3 tiered piece supplied by bio cube. I have the upper carbon media piece with the recommended filter pad above that. The water filters through to the media pad and then through chemi pure elite which sits over the bio media before flowing to the last chamber for the return. My 32 BioCube has plenty of Coraline algae and everything thrives. Originally this was suppose to be a qt tank for the 180

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back