Feeding LTA's

Beeobee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been keeping a 110 g and a 55 g refugium. Looking to grow into an 250 g deep tank. I have successes like my breeding clowns who keep laying eggs like a machine, for three years now. and LTA who they are greatly attached too. Had two Hippo tangs till they got about 7", traded off too big for tank. The one tried to be a carpet fish, found 10 min later and he survived, he was sure skittish after that and remained so, as far as i know both doing well. I feed my LTA a silverside once a week. I hear do not have too? That is the question should one feed them?

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!! As far as feeing lps corals you can but don't necessarily need to. Be careful feeding too much as that can be bad. Too much food can "rot" inside themcoral before it can be digested.

OP
OP
Beeobee

Beeobee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well... I have been feeding this one for 4 1/2 years mostly a 2" silver side after head and tail removed ( who knows why I do what I do?) Usually once a week. plus I am picky about how I feed, have my own blend for fish and coral. I did within the year have to part with my two hippo tangs, at 7 " or so they were wild animals lol. plus tank to small for them, oh and bio load enough said.

OP
OP
Beeobee

Beeobee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot I wrote about the Hippo's, the carpet one I had to hand feed basically for at least 2 weeks he was scared of the other hippo and every one else. took awhile to build his confidence up, I had him another year and half before I parted with him. I liked him but was not good for him this size tank. (110)

Back