First Triton Test results.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first test I had stopped dosing Aquaforest and also had zeolite reactor online. Doing a tank reset. What do I need to do to reset these number?:)

Attachments

• doc.pdf
    119 KB · Views: 228

JimWelsh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious what salt mix you are using? Also, specifically which additives have you been using? But please answer the salt mix question first.

OP
OP
reefwiser

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea Blue bucket.
The test water was after I had stopped using the AF additives for 2 weeks.

Matze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that is quite a bit of copper you got there. Also your tin levels a quite high.

To get rid of that stuff quickly, I would siggest to apply some Detox from Triton.
As for the missing trace elements, you have a good chance to get that issue fixed by a 60-80% water change with Tropic Marin Pro Reef salt.

Do you want to run the complete Triton method? Or was this just a single water analyses?

Greetings
Matze

OP
OP
reefwiser

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just the first test. Funny part most corals are doing fine just acro's as usual.

Matze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know the thing with acropora ain't hard to explain in my opinion. Cooper is acting as a poison when it comes to corals (I know it is used in Zeovit etc.). In a smaller amount it just bleeches acros. But just a small amount on top and you can kiss them goodbye.

So all the trace elements are not the reason in my opinion. Sure they will keep your acros from growing and maybe do something with their colors, but most certainly not kill them.

PO4 is a bit higher, but same thing as with trace elements, that stuff won't kill your acros.

As for the Triton methode, for me its a no brainer. You can exactly controll what you put in your tank and thus develope it in the direction you want it to be.

OP
OP
reefwiser

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cloud be from the Additives. I am going thru the pumps and magnets looking for issues there too. I am doing water changes and checking everything out.
Today I am looking at my main pump. I have been having issues with Acro's before AF some do great others would last a couple of months before RTN.
At least I know where to start. An I have issues to work with. Would hate to get my report and have perfect water conditions and still have the issues with Acro's gives me hope that I can get this under control. Control and balance is what we want to achieve in our Reef tanks. At least with Triton testing we can see a broader spectrum of issues that were not available to us before. Added a Poly Filter to the tank yesterday while doing a water change will see if it changes color.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back