OP
renato120

renato120

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which programming language does APEX primarily utilize? It looks like it's procedural in a way since you can basically add your own IF statements. Did you REPLACE the ALD module? If so, then this could actually be some sort of bug in the code.
I replaced the module, cable, and sensors... still the same thing

OP
OP
renato120

renato120

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no ones posted anything in about 30 min so i am hoping alarms went away. fingers crossed.
I am not a master of apex by any means. i went through same issue as you guys.
Same thing... I got about 20 txt messages and emails.... I can not trust this anymore....

Drauka99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it just one sensor or all of them that are going off? The defer and min time statements should have covered the quick state changes that we sometimes see with alarms. And you replacing the module makes it unlikely its the module. I am wondering if the sensor is in such a damp/high humidity area that it is triggering it.

To be up front I do not have the ALD module myself.

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only other thing that I can think off is just limit your emails to a certain time of the day only which means you're only going to get an alert say between 6 to 7 a.m. or whatever time you decide to keep but that could be problematic just in case if something happens at night you won't get the text till morning

OP
OP
renato120

renato120

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it just one sensor or all of them that are going off? The defer and min time statements should have covered the quick state changes that we sometimes see with alarms. And you replacing the module makes it unlikely its the module. I am wondering if the sensor is in such a damp/high humidity area that it is triggering it.

To be up front I do not have the ALD module myself.
Humidity its not the problem I believe. Its been fine for 4 years. I never moved the sensors. and a couple months ago this problem started. I changed everything. Sensors, module, cable. I also placed a paper towel under the sensors in case salt were getting in there. Nothing works.

OP
OP
renato120

renato120

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only other thing that I can think off is just limit your emails to a certain time of the day only which means you're only going to get an alert say between 6 to 7 a.m. or whatever time you decide to keep but that could be problematic just in case if something happens at night you won't get the text till morning
But if I limit my emails or txt, if its a real leak I will be in big trouble here. This shouldn’t be happening at all. Im working now, and it keeps sending me alarms... I never know if its a real leak or not anymore....

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yah thats not good. See you will get fed up and start treating most texts as false alarm and guess what one day it wont be false.

Drauka99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Humidity its not the problem I believe. Its been fine for 4 years. I never moved the sensors. and a couple months ago this problem started. I changed everything. Sensors, module, cable. I also placed a paper towel under the sensors in case salt were getting in there. Nothing works.

Is it the same sensor each time? from the screen shots both alerts were from the same sensor.

Grasping at straws but the AOS has been updated to the latest version and the module has been updated as well?

OP
OP
renato120

renato120

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it the same sensor each time? from the screen shots both alerts were from the same sensor.

Grasping at straws but the AOS has been updated to the latest version and the module has been updated as well?
The apex has been updated to the latest version. The module Im not sure. If it needs an update I would it get a message I believe. Its only one sensor right now. I had both sensors doing this before. Right now just one.

Drauka99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you switch the sensors out, say, move one that isn't alerting to the port of the one that is alerting and see if the alert moves with the sensor or if it stays in the same place?

OP
OP
renato120

renato120

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you switch the sensors out, say, move one that isn't alerting to the port of the one that is alerting and see if the alert moves with the sensor or if it stays in the same place?
So now after I switched the other sensor is going off. The number 2. Number one hasn’t go off yet.

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if i understood you correctly, you moved the sensor 1 to port 2 and sensor 2 to port 1 and now sensor 2 is going of and before sensor 1 was going off.
if this is correct then you have a bad sensor.

Other way around would be if for example port#2 was bad then no matter what sensor you plugged or swapped it would always sound sensor 2 as alarm.

OP
OP
renato120

renato120

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if i understood you correctly, you moved the sensor 1 to port 2 and sensor 2 to port 1 and now sensor 2 is going of and before sensor 1 was going off.
if this is correct then you have a bad sensor.

Other way around would be if for example port#2 was bad then no matter what sensor you plugged or swapped it would always sound sensor 2 as alarm.
what it sounds like to me as well.
But the sensors are new! The old ones were doing the same. In a different module

Drauka99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can get a bad sensor. it sounds like that's what happened. The other sensor that was sometimes alarming apparently was going into a temporary state that the defer statement fixed.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back