crazytai21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

I finally upgraded from two small nano to my dream tank IM 112 EXT.

Below is a list of equipment I’m going with.
-IM 112 EXT (white stand)
-Fiji 30 sump
-Hydra 64 and two AI PRIME
-MP40qd and Nero5
-jebao DCP 10000 return pump
-aquamaxx dfc-280 skimmer
-200 watt titanium heater x2
-orange and grey plumbing.
-tunze fuge light.

Plumbing was tricky and I have never done it before. I bought everything I needed and then place two more order because I needed something else.

IMG_3643.jpeg IMG_3646.jpeg IMG_3649.jpeg

OP
OP
C

crazytai21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update. Got some equipment today, a few boxes were damaged. But everything looked okay. Started the planning for plumbing. Was going to go the same route as the complete system from innovated marine but then saw someone else plumbing. And went that route. Started the dry fitting as well.
IMG_3676.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3689.jpeg
    IMG_3689.jpeg
    212.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3677.jpeg
    IMG_3677.jpeg
    157.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3676.jpeg
    IMG_3676.jpeg
    207.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3807.mov
    22.7 MB
OP
OP
C

crazytai21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I messed up!!!! First plumbing and I thought I measured wrong since nothing was dry fitting correctly. So I I trim half an inch of on each end and when I glue together it slipped on loosely. So everything is off by and inch. When I did the leak test I forgot to glue the drain number 2 and that was a hot disaster and forgotten to tighten the return pump union valve. Other than that it’s been past 24 hours no leaks. So I started moving everything from my other two tanks into this one!!!

OP
OP
C

crazytai21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally moved everything over and got it into placed. I ended doing it on Friday night. I lost 5 fish in the process. I accidently when removing everything in bins I placed the five fish in 7 inches of water with heater and pump. But forgot to plug in the heater. Woke up 4 hours later and all 5 died. So that kinda sucks. But tank is running and all corals and the rest of the fish are in the new tank. I took a lot of ideas from other treads. So thank you to those guys.

Attachments

• IMG_3720.jpeg
    IMG_3720.jpeg
    191.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3723.jpeg
    IMG_3723.jpeg
    209.7 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_3724.jpeg
    IMG_3724.jpeg
    222 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3725.jpeg
    IMG_3725.jpeg
    202.4 KB · Views: 34

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no. no octopus is reef safe. she is easy to care for. you do need to secure everything and keep them entertained. I keep her well fed and she doesn't bother snails as much. I put 2 peppermint shrimp in there to eat a few aiptasia I had and thought she ate them but they are still in there. Doesn't bother the pincushion either. was thinking to get a pencil too but never see them in the local LFS here.

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally moved everything over and got it into placed. I ended doing it on Friday night. I lost 5 fish in the process. I accidently when removing everything in bins I placed the five fish in 7 inches of water with heater and pump. But forgot to plug in the heater. Woke up 4 hours later and all 5 died. So that kinda sucks. But tank is running and all corals and the rest of the fish are in the new tank. I took a lot of ideas from other treads. So thank you to those guys.
you might want to raise your return nozzles higher to near the overflow level. when you shut off the pump (or power failure), the water will siphon into the sump from where you have the lowest nozzle. I have 2 pointed at the surface to break the water (1/2" below surface) and the other two pointed down to circulate flow at about 1/2" below.

OP
OP
C

crazytai21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you might want to raise your return nozzles higher to near the overflow level. when you shut off the pump (or power failure), the water will siphon into the sump from where you have the lowest nozzle. I have 2 pointed at the surface to break the water (1/2" below surface) and the other two pointed down to circulate flow at about 1/2" below.
Haha, thanks. I’ve already done that a little bit after I tested it. I’ve drill some holes at the bottom of the loc line. And the holes are above the edge of the overflow which should also help. I’m a few days ahead of posting stuff.

Doob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how did you choose a sump? Do you have check valves or can it handle the overflow when you shut your pump off?

OP
OP
C

crazytai21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how did you choose a sump? Do you have check valves or can it handle the overflow when you shut your pump off?
I picked something that was in my budget at the time and someone else had the same tank and sump. So that part was easy. I do have a few gate valves on there put no check valve. There are a hole drilled at the beginning of the locking return which we break the siphon. I have a good maybe 8 inches

OP
OP
C

crazytai21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my skimmer in. Very, very loud. Im hoping that it’s just the break in period. But very easy to put together. I got these 6 pack led sensor light from Amazon and placed them under the cabinets. I’m going to head up to the cities tomorrow and load up on fishes.

Attachments

• IMG_3806.jpeg
    IMG_3806.jpeg
    153.7 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3774.mov
    5.2 MB
  • IMG_3772.jpeg
    IMG_3772.jpeg
    190.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3771.jpeg
    IMG_3771.jpeg
    183 KB · Views: 28

Doob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked something that was in my budget at the time and someone else had the same tank and sump. So that part was easy. I do have a few gate valves on there put no check valve. There are a hole drilled at the beginning of the locking return which we break the siphon. I have a good maybe 8 inches

You have 8" of space when the pump is on or off? Thanks!

OP
OP
C

crazytai21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I made it to a few fish stores. I got a handful of fish, 4 anthias, flamehawk, baby hippo, baby yellow tang, 7 chromis and 2 cardinal banghai. I’ve also had to replace a used nero5 that I got on the marketplace. So that kinda suck but I ended up putting that in along side the MP40. I also install bright green anemone guards for bot pumps that I order on Etsy. It’s crazy that there are so many things you can order on there. Skimmer seems to quiet down but will get loud randomly and when it restarts back up after shutting it off.

Attachments

• IMG_3929.mov
    23.2 MB
  • IMG_3928.jpeg
    IMG_3928.jpeg
    152 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3927.jpeg
    IMG_3927.jpeg
    146.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3926.jpeg
    IMG_3926.jpeg
    219.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3925.jpeg
    IMG_3925.jpeg
    224.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3923.jpeg
    IMG_3923.jpeg
    185.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3924.jpeg
    IMG_3924.jpeg
    251.6 KB · Views: 16

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I made it to a few fish stores. I got a handful of fish, 4 anthias, flamehawk, baby hippo, baby yellow tang, 7 chromis and 2 cardinal banghai. I’ve also had to replace a used nero5 that I got on the marketplace. So that kinda suck but I ended up putting that in along side the MP40. I also install bright green anemone guards for bot pumps that I order on Etsy. It’s crazy that there are so many things you can order on there. Skimmer seems to quiet down but will get loud randomly and when it restarts back up after shutting it off.
that's a lot of fish in one shot. I take it you're just chancing it with no QT?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 69 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back