Is it ich?

Nick30G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree i do not see anything unusual in those pictures. Maybe the camera isnt picking it up or there is nothing there at all. At this point just keep the fish stress free and keep good water quality. If there is ich/velvet hopefully your fish will build immunity to it.

OP
OP
jabberwock

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My pictures don't do it justice. It was/is either ich or velvet. Seeing the tiny white dots on the fins leaves little doubt. The only reason I do not think it was velvet is that it did not wipe my tank out. The fish has recovered, the cyano is gone (for now). I am going to leave things be for a couple weeks and hope the system stabilizes and continues to mature.

I think I will go to daily micro water changes.

danreefman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why is this our problem ? Why is it ok for local fish stores to sell sick fish? Why do we need to setup multiple tanks to quarentine and medicate fish and coral ? This would not be acceptable in any other part of our life. Why is it our problem if we give $200 to the local fish store for a sick fish? Shouldnt they be responsible for their live stock ? Most people that get ick or velvet leave the hobby.
So why is the consumer to blame?
Cause money matters more to people.

OP
OP
jabberwock

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 weeks later and all is good! No new livestock in the tank. Have some green hair algae, but I am not worried about it for now. Just manual removal so far. Maybe I will get a couple of new trochus snails. Tank is 109 days old.

OP
OP
jabberwock

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple months have passed. The ich has not come back! The Gramma is doing great, the YWG has recovered from his attack, and found a new cave! The cyano has not come back! I have added a lawnmower blenny and a sand tiger conch. Things are going very well. Thanks to all on this forum that help solve problems and offer ideas. You all have been a big help to me!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 37 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back