Looking for a quiet in sump return pump.

kenand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for quiet,budget in sump return pump.
What are some brands to look for?

C_AWOL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any dc pump on the market should typically be very quiet.
You might get even less noise from oversizing and dialing a pump down to reduce the work load on whatever pump it may be.
Jebaos from what I know are the king of affordability when it comes to dc pumps that are widely used by many hobbyist without breaking the bank

slingfox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Octopus Varios is dead silent.

Do not get a Sicce or RedSea (rebranded Sicce pumps). They run much louder straight out of the box but quite down a bit over time once the part build a slime layer. I much prefer the dead quiet of Reef Octopus straight out of the box.

hexcolor reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Do not get a Sicce or RedSea (rebranded Sicce pumps). They run much louder straight out of the box but quite down a bit over time once the part build a slime layer. I much prefer the dead quiet of Reef Octopus straight out of the box.
Not true, I have a SICCE and mine runs quite in and out of water. Only return pump I’ve bought and needed. I always go with SICCE

ErikVR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any dc pump on the market should typically be very quiet.
You might get even less noise from oversizing and dialing a pump down to reduce the work load on whatever pump it may be.
Jebaos from what I know are the king of affordability when it comes to dc pumps that are widely used by many hobbyist without breaking the bank
The Red Sea dc pumps are the exception. Those things are loud! I threw mine in the spare parts bin because of it.

Naekuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 3 jebao and 1 Sicce, and the Jebao makes me sad that i spent that much on a Sicce SDC.
Meaning they both are very quiet.

Although the Sicce has way more features if you like to constantly tweak like Wifi.

Not true, I have a SICCE and mine runs quite in and out of water. Only return pump I’ve bought and needed. I always go with SICCE

Can confirm the Sicce SDC is very quiet out of the box.
But the only reason i got it is because its Wifi, which i never use after i dialed in the DC.

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I totally agree with this. People thinking sicce makes a quiet pump is wild to me. Maybe they are known to be reliable but so is my Jebao.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 40 76.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back