Making Lighting to Sell

baseballfanatic2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi friends,

I have a question. I’m in the process of developing a new light for the hobby. I also want to resell if possible. Can you tell me tell me how it’s possible to make a light with white and blue leds with a dimmer if this patent exists?

it’s kind of broad. I know manny discussions have been on it. But no real answers. Can I be sued?

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi friends,

I have a question. I’m in the process of developing a new light for the hobby. I also want to resell if possible. Can you tell me tell me how it’s possible to make a light with white and blue leds with a dimmer if this patent exists?

it’s kind of broad. I know manny discussions have been on it. But no real answers. Can I be sued?
Are you going into major scale production?
You might have some competiton....
Just a little.....

Whats going to set your design apart from the others?

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi friends,

I am not an attorney, nor do I pretend to be an expert in patent application. All I can say is that even if you have a patent, fighting patent infringement is a very expensive proposition. All you have to do is watch Shark Tank to hear them rip products apart for being too easy to copy and sell on the internet. Knock offs happen all of the time. The key to having a successful product is making yours unique, so you can get a patent of your own. Then have pockets deep enough to sustain litigation. For every good idea, there are ten people that want to take it.

OP
OP
baseballfanatic2

baseballfanatic2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you going into major scale production?
You might have some competiton....
Just a little.....

Whats going to set your design apart from the others?
I wouldn’t say major scale production. Just small amounts first. Sell to local hobbyists.
My question is how does...
hydra
Ecotech
Reefbrites
Orphek

all make lights not going against this patent?

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t say major scale production. Just small amounts first. Sell to local hobbyists.
My question is how does...
hydra
Ecotech
Reefbrites
Orphek

all make lights not going against this patent?
They either differentiate their product enough (I haven’t read through the patent) or they buy rights to the patent. It’s also worth noting that overly broad or obvious/common general knowledge patents are difficult to defend. I would think that at this point using LEDs to light aquariums would be ‘obvious’. But I’m not a patent attorney (or any kind of attorney), so don’t take my cursory research on the topic as gospel.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back