ReeferMadness80G

ReeferMadness80G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha. im just gonna buy the cheapest frags that look good lol

They don't even have to look good, if your confident in your husbandry. If you take care of them, they will color up and become very beautiful. I've heard a couple stories of guys buy frags at the LFS that were browned out or looked bad in health, brought them home and they turned out to be an Orange Passion or WD or a jaw dropper or something new that people have never seen!

OP
OP
ReeferMadness80G

ReeferMadness80G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
57e45a3f3ff57de1fea0d56e5e8424b6.jpg
5e67dbd705345d551caa14b657dd1a4c.jpg
18bf1b9193d9b3a57f519c0afda0fc58.jpg
454931f6d1efa34ffbfc4016cbc585de.jpg
5210209f8970047f1d063a57e7493b0b.jpg
9b2164a8c8099a4debe158006f98edf9.jpg
9fd6533d0fd5bcd4e4ef20e4a5340e6c.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Purdy! :p

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love those milles. The orange julius, of course, the bright green one above it and the blue and red ones under it...
I've got my tank stabilized now. Twice weekly water changes helped a lot and the oyster feast has got my stylo giving great PE. Going to add more coral soon.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may have to compare the oyster feast to my reef roids. Glad to hear things are going well for you.

I have a little 25ml beaker that I combine a few drops of the oyster feast, its got as squirt top on it, and 0.5ml each red sea energy a+b. The a is carbs, b is aminos and vitamins and the oyster feast is 1 to 200 micron oyster parts and in a kinda oily liquid. I add that to the tank every other day. You can tell it's doing something because immediately after adding my duncans double in size and the blue stylo stretches out. My rose stylo still looks like crap, but it looked like crap when I got it. wysiwyg coral online from now on... lol.

OP
OP
ReeferMadness80G

ReeferMadness80G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang bro.
My phone pics are awful. Got any tips?

Thanks everyone, I don't really have any tips, but I can tell you what I do.
I always make sure my camera lens is as flat to the glass as possible, also having the iPhone 7 its waterproof so sometimes I stick my phone just below the surface and snap pics that way. I also use the Snapseed app for editing. I know what your thinking! Oh he edits them so they look way better than they are! No, not quite tiny dancer. All I do is edit the blue out, anyone with Blue Leds knows that I get a heavy blue saturated look in pics and it's not what the eye is actually seeing. So with the Snapseed app I just take the blue out, feel free to use it yourself. Just turn your warmth all the way to 100 and then mess around with the saturation. I usually go -25% on saturation.

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always make sure my camera lens is as flat to the glass as possible, also having the iPhone 7 its waterproof so sometimes I stick my phone just below the surface and snap pics that way. I also use the Snapseed app for editing. I know what your thinking! Oh he edits them so they look way better than they are! No, not quite tiny dancer. All I do is edit the blue out, anyone with Blue Leds knows that I get a heavy blue saturated look in pics and it's not what the eye is actually seeing. So with the Snapseed app I just take the blue out, feel free to use it yourself. Just turn your warmth all the way to 100 and then mess around with the saturation. I usually go -25% on saturation.
Sweet. That’s some awesome tips. No need to use my messed up gel filter. I don’t think u overdo the saturation I think you can bump it up a slight bit more before you over do it. One question though: even though the iPhone 7 is water resistant what happenes if there happens to be a trace of copper on the phone.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I use my Galaxy S8+ for all my pictures. Putting my phone flat to the glass is key in getting good pictures. It's also waterproof but i haven't tried dunking it, yet. The S8 has a Kelvin adjustment built into the camera, I always slide it to 10000K to try and reduce the blue from the Kessil. I also take pictures with it around 50% color... this gets me very close to what I'm seeing in the tank.
20170813_172350.jpg

OP
OP
ReeferMadness80G

ReeferMadness80G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet. That’s some awesome tips. No need to use my messed up gel filter. I don’t think u overdo the saturation I think you can bump it up a slight bit more before you over do it. One question though: even though the iPhone 7 is water resistant what happenes if there happens to be a trace of copper on the phone.

Consider it a gift from me to you that I put my whole tank in jeopardy to get you guys decent pictures.

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Consider it a gift from me to you that I put my whole tank in jeopardy to get you guys decent pictures.
Lol it’s the gift that keeps giving. U seem to be fine so far. If it did have copper it would be in small small amounts so I don’t know how bad the affects will be. Good luck!

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 16 22.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back