SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
07c149ad843fde8c71e49f73aa9b3585.jpg
Reef Addicted Orange Julius Mille..someone may have something like it, but so far I'm the only one he knows of that has one, he never kept a frag of it for himself, lol he's begging me for a frag when it comes time! It's a sexy piece. Orange body with green polyps. Sunset Mille is pretty close tho.
I'd LOVE a frag of that stuff.

OP
OP
ReeferMadness80G

ReeferMadness80G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking frags! But I am thinking they could really run out of space as they grow

A lot of them are on different levels of the rock, it's hard to tell from pics, but yes, I agree they could run out of space. I'll have to deal with that when it happens I guess, hopefully they will be ok. Thanks for looking!

OP
OP
ReeferMadness80G

ReeferMadness80G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great as usual. Still got that 80g in the plans?
I think I've decided I'm going only acros, or corals that can hang with the light acros like... Bleached my monti cap. It's in the sand but I doubt it'll recover, tank is just too small to have a high and low light area. Acros are putting on more and more color since the KNO3 dose to bump my nitrates up. Still no detectable PO4. Inverts coming next week so hopefully feeding them will increase my phosphates.

Absolutely, check it out
80 Gallon Shallow Reef Tank Build

https://www.reef2reef.com/index.php?threads/80-Gallon-Shallow-Reef-Tank-Build.263659/

Aren't you using the Prime HD?

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aren't you using the Prime HD?

Kessil A160WE. Because my tank is so narrow, 12" wide by 20" long, I have the light mounted 4" over the water. At 10" over the water I have 7' of spillover. I haven't gone over about 30% on the light. Everything else is doing well, just not my monti cap... Hang on I took pictures, let me get on the cell phone.

xjiang7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of them are on different levels of the rock, it's hard to tell from pics, but yes, I agree they could run out of space. I'll have to deal with that when it happens I guess, hopefully they will be ok. Thanks for looking!

You're welcome! I used to have a couple of frags in a 28 cube, as time went they started to shadow or sting each other. Yeah keep an eye on them and do some trimming or moving when needed

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's quite the spillage. Hmm. I would build some kind of mini hood for the Kessil to sit inside. I'm sure you've thought of that.
Yea, but I like the rimless tank and the pendant look of the Kessil. I'm just gonna stick with the 4" height and keep the intensity dialed back until I can afford a Seneye PAR meter, or find someone local who will let me borrow one. I just ordered the Kessil controller, excited about that. No more wall timer! Acros are great, which is really all I care about. The stylos would be good too if I could get some PO4 in the tank. They aren't bleached, just lack that deep color they had a few weeks ago.

OP
OP
ReeferMadness80G

ReeferMadness80G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, but I like the rimless tank and the pendant look of the Kessil. I'm just gonna stick with the 4" height and keep the intensity dialed back until I can afford a Seneye PAR meter, or find someone local who will let me borrow one. I just ordered the Kessil controller, excited about that. No more wall timer! Acros are great, which is really all I care about. The stylos would be good too if I could get some PO4 in the tank. They aren't bleached, just lack that deep color they had a few weeks ago.

I understand, that's why I have the setup I do. :) once you go acro you never go backro!

OP
OP
ReeferMadness80G

ReeferMadness80G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @ReeferMadness80G do u have any tips on how u made ur lighting schedule? I still can’t get over how insane those moonlight shots are.
Thanks, I played around with it for months, tweaked it here and there.

Oh and am I normal. I’m worried about burning my corals with the new ai prime hd

You're definitely not normal. As far as your light goes, I wouldn't know bc I don't know what your schedule is or what kind of corals you have or how close the light is to said corals. Do yourself a favor and buy a 15 dollar lux meter and that will help you measure light. Measure at the surface of the water. You can take it to where you buy your coral and see what there tanks read and try and match it. Search for @saltyfilmfolks and @mcarroll and read every post they've ever made and it will make you more knowledgeable about light.
Ps-Don't hijack peoples thread with questions about your tank.
If you want to ask someone a specific question about your tank, all you have to do is tag them in your thead with the @ symbol followed by their screen name.
Salty, if you're reading this, I accidentally spelled your name Salty FLIM folks and I think it maybe a little better, please consider this change. [emoji23][emoji23]

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I played around with it for months, tweaked it here and there.

You're definitely not normal. As far as your light goes, I wouldn't know bc I don't know what your schedule is or what kind of corals you have or how close the light is to said corals. Do yourself a favor and buy a 15 dollar lux meter and that will help you measure light. Measure at the surface of the water. You can take it to where you buy your coral and see what there tanks read and try and match it. Search for @saltyfilmfolks and @mcarroll and read every post they've ever made and it will make you more knowledgeable about light.
Ps-Don't hijack peoples thread with questions about your tank.
If you want to ask someone a specific question about your tank, all you have to do is tag them in your thead with the @ symbol followed by their screen name.
Salty, if you're reading this, I accidentally spelled your name Salty FLIM folks and I think it maybe a little better, please consider this change. [emoji23][emoji23]
HAHA @saltyfilmfolks ok thanks. I just don’t know about lux vs par vs pur. I’ll take it to dms with salty. Also I didn’t realize that this was ur build thread i thought it was a dm. I guess that’s what happens when u are on 0hours of sleep in the past day. I talk to salty on Katrina’s biocube thread almost daily.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 32.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back