0   0   0
Hi
And i have tried
halides / T5
radions
kessel
vertex
DIY leds
And for me the Orpheks will grow anything thats why i have ordered another V4 ,please show me yours under the lights you have
Bill

Graham hunt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
And i have tried
halides / T5
radions
kessel
vertex
DIY leds
And for me the Orpheks will grow anything thats why i have ordered another V4 ,please show me yours under the lights you have
Bill
Hi bill,would you share the setting %,height off water and lighting period,I have 3xv3 pluses and am using 100% with 2hr on ramp,5hour at 100%,with 4hr down ramp,at 10 inches off surface on 23 inch deep,coral are doing well,sps growth is slow at present.colour of tank and corals is very nice,but it would be very nice to see your settings as any info is hard to find.
Regards graham.

maxwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Graham
My lights are about the same height as yours, remember you have the V3+ which are more powerful than mine and my tank is 30'' deep but I can grow and colour acro's on the sandbed. Here's the light settings .don't KNOW WHY CH1 MISSING WILL SEND IT AGAIN
Bill
CH4

CH3

CH2

Graham hunt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you bill,your times are similar to mine you starting a bit earlier though,I understand v3plus is a bit more power but looking at your tank and lovely corals I feel very encouraged (hopeful) now.
I gave some par readings on previous page if you are interested,I am thinking dual chip and large cluster area seems to stop hot spots.
Onwards and upwards I hope!
Regards graham.

Thle009

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bill,
I haven't seen any coral pictures for Orphek as you have here. That's great to hear, that even though customer service suck I still have some hope on the lights. But honestly, they need to update their website with your coral pictures.

maxwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thle
Its not all about lights , my V4 arrives on Tues but saying that they do produce the goods for me. My tank has just been documented by a magazine showing the full build feature and will be in the June edition I have detailed the full system warts and all .I will pass the details to Orphek after its been published .Its by no means perfect and I have had all the issues and heartache every reefer goes through with failing equipment and loses but im still learning . Sorry about the pic overload but there will be loads of tanks with similar results. A top tank on youtube is project Atlantik V4 by Gary Wilikinson and he knows his stuff.
Bill

maxwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
V4

This tank started life with Orphek 2.1b and now on V4's its only ever had Orphek lighting and its stunning.
Bill

OP
OP
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
And i have tried
halides / T5
radions
kessel
vertex
DIY leds
Bill

Can't argue with those results man. I also can't risk having a light break and the repair time 3 weeks or more since there is no US based location.

I hope I have half the success you do with the mitras lights!

maxwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dirtrider
We are all in the same boat with lighting as any other piece of kit that fails, that's whats good about forums you can always ask if anybody has any spare kit to loan or have a good LFS comes in handy. I don't know what the issues are with you saying 3 weeks to repair as I have not heard of anybody that's been without they are as reliable as the next if not better.
Bill

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am very much intrigued by the Orphek lights. But the concern over service is very much valid. There's an Orphek thread over on RC where a member purchased several V3+ units where a string of LEDs on one of his units went out. Orphek's solution was to send him a few diodes for him to solder and repair the unit himself. Not really the best response when considering the costs of these units.

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the actual quote from that thread...

"They gave me the option to send it to someone they know and have them determine what was wrong, then I assume it would be fixed, or I could do it myself. I chose to do it myself because I didn't want to deal with shipping and waiting and all that. My hope was that they'd send me a new unit and I'd ship back the defective one, but apparently that was too much to ask for. There's room for customer service improvement, I agree."

Fishmantim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size tank I have that same rail system I bought one and never used it's for sale also check out the sirius xtc led getting ready to order a set amazing made in USA great price

Thle009

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the actual quote from that thread...

"They gave me the option to send it to someone they know and have them determine what was wrong, then I assume it would be fixed, or I could do it myself. I chose to do it myself because I didn't want to deal with shipping and waiting and all that. My hope was that they'd send me a new unit and I'd ship back the defective one, but apparently that was too much to ask for. There's room for customer service improvement, I agree."
You should of seen their communication with me when I inquired about the software issue for v2.1b. But I can't share them any more because it mentioned a third party. Let's just say Android users has been complaining about it since August last and nothing been done. So now we can't change settings on our lights.

maxwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water Dog
I can only speak from my experience as a reefer and what works for me hence not wanting to promote products as I have had lots of kit that fails after reading all the garb on it but if you don't try it you will never know and there are so many opinions in this hobby. On the case above you would say
1/ were was it purchased
2/when was it purchased and from whom (its the sellers responsibility to sort it if under warranty )
3/ your consumer rights to return item for repair
4/ whats the quickest route to getting it repaired
5/ returning unit packaging and dispatch costs
6/ or getting the bits to repair
7/ these units are basically a led panel and control pcb both of which are simple to replace and upgrade. Soldering individual leds may be difficult for some but simple for others and a quicker resolution.
Also method of communication and the manner its done ????? from a customer service perspective

If a radion fails what do you do I suspect same as above they may send you a new puck for diy or you return it.
Bill

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 70 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back