Pair of Assessors???

CoralNerd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have two yellow assessors and one supposedly Randall's (I think it's a blue) assessor in my 150 g tank with lots of nooks and crannies. Had them for a couple of years with no problem. Added five anthias a few months ago and the assessor's disappeared for a few weeks but now they come out occasionally although not as often as before.
What Anthias did you add Zirco?

Joe Rice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What Anthias did you add Zirco?
Lyretails.

IMG_20181012_104544.jpg

Last edited:

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah they're not the cheapest:( but I don't mind spending a little more for something that's captive bred:p
Agreed, and I just looked on LR last night and they were $50, I think that's lower than last time I checked.

GoldeneyeRet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wild caught yellow assessors are generallyaround twice as expensive as captive bred specimens.

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO, somewhat of a gamble considering the price. Have had several, both blue and yellow, and most hid much of the time. If are top dogs in the tank then assume would be different but still a gamble.

OP
OP
fishnchip

fishnchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO, somewhat of a gamble considering the price. Have had several, both blue and yellow, and most hid much of the time. If are top dogs in the tank then assume would be different but still a gamble.
good to know:p

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assessors are so neat, mine only swims upside down now, all the time. It's quite funny to watch reactions of those that don't realize this is normal, they think it's dying or something.

Mine does that once in awhile. He's normally out and about around the whole tank, but in the afternoon and evening he does what I call "belly to rock" where no matter where he's swimming he points his stomach towards the rock -- that means he'll be cruising and suddenly swim around a rock and be upside down, or sideways swimming around the side of a rock. If mine hung out in a cave all day like some, it wouldn't be as interesting but mine is super active and communal.

The other thing mine does is watch me sleep... Tank is in my bedroom, the first thing I see every morning is the assessor at the front of the tank just staring at me. He'll be out as soon as there's a little light outside, even before tank lights come on.

Mine's about 2", he doesn't seem to eat too much, he's a bit of a picky eater and only goes for tiny particles.. Maybe that's why he's a slow grower.

Best picture I've gotten of mine

YellowAssessor%20BBBBB1B1B11B11B11B1B1.jpg

I wonder if a Trio would do better than a Pair?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 50 53.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.5%
Back