ProfiLux set up issues

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Reefer911

Reefer911

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is another thing I’m talking about…when you say go to the systems page, how do I even get there??? I need explicit instructions, especially since I will be attempting this several hours from now. Are you talking about going to the systems page on myghl? Or will this be from the web interface when I type in the IP address? I’ve been there before but don’t remember how I got there. But I do remember it not looking exactly how it did on the video I was watching.
I never saw the option “add this device to my GHL” on my screen. I did notice it in the video so I knew something was wrong

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try this

If the green lamp is working - you are connected to the network but you must find out the P4 ip adress of your wifi network. Its not the same as 192.168.4.1 To figure out which are your network ip adress connect first to the hotspot from your mac. (skip the app for the moment) Type 192.168.4.1 on a webbrowser - if your startpage looks like mine above - just klick no. Now you should be connected to the internal webserver - go to system and you will have this page - the red marking show your wifi ip adress - note that

1673981248694.png

Reconnect your mac to your wifi and internet - open a new web browser and type in that ip adress you wrote down before. If you now get the same page that I have above - klick yes on everything. Now you will have a dashboard page

1673981931081.png

Klick on the symbol in the red mark and go to system

1673982018627.png

You enable my GHL Enable the eye and copy the number you will see below my ghl id

1673982389912.png

Open my GHL in a web browser klick add device - you get a question about the ID - paste the number you copy before - go back to the system page - klick on the eye for security number and copy that. Back to the myGHL question about security key - paste it and klick further - now new device should be added to your my HHL and you should also see it in the app. If you want to use a local connection in your app - it is the wifi ip adress that should be typed in - not the hotspots

Test this when you are at home

Sincerely Lasse

Save tvice and now you should have your P4 in my GHL if you log in there or if you log in via the app

OP
OP
Reefer911

Reefer911

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I did get the other IP address and took a pic last night. But I don’t know what you’re talking about when you say if my start page looks like yours. Which specific image are you referring to? And will I see where to click yes or no? I don’t remember seeing that option last night.

I think we’re getting somewhere

Here’s the other IP address I will be using:
F9030CB3-C173-4028-B92C-F72FA63BF6E2.jpeg

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not have my Profilux yet - but I think we need to take a half a step back and get you familiar with what you are trying to do.

You have an internet connection and that internet connection is supplied through your "router". The Internet is the "Wide Area Netwok" (WAN) But we will just call it the Internet.

That router has both cabled and wireless connectivity for your devices. Lets call that is your Local Area Network (LAN) but lets just call it your "Local Network"

GHL has servers out somewhere on the Internet that the Profilux can connect to and communicate with.

The end goal is to get the Profilux on your local network and talking (through your router) to the GHL servers
Porfilux <--------> Router <--------> GHL Servers

And allow you to reach the Profilux from Inside your home
Macbook <--------->Profilux

And allow you to connect from outside your home
iPhone <-------> someplace not at home <---------> GHL Servers <---------->Your Router<-------->Profilux

To make all of this happen, the Profilux needs to hop on your Local Network's Wifi just like your phone, macbook or any other connected device.

To do that, you need to FIRST connect DIRECTLY to the profilux to change some settings, most importantly to set it up on your Wifi. The Profilux broadcasts its very own private connection that allows you to connect directly to it to make these changes.

WIth me so far?

OP
OP
Reefer911

Reefer911

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not have my Profilux yet - but I think we need to take a half a step back and get you familiar with what you are trying to do.

You have an internet connection and that internet connection is supplied through your "router". The Internet is the "Wide Area Netwok" (WAN) But we will just call it the Internet.

That router has both cabled and wireless connectivity for your devices. Lets call that is your Local Area Network (LAN) but lets just call it your "Local Network"

GHL has servers out somewhere on the Internet that the Profilux can connect to and communicate with.

The end goal is to get the Profilux on your local network and talking (through your router) to the GHL servers
Porfilux <--------> Router <--------> GHL Servers

And allow you to reach the Profilux from Inside your home
Macbook <--------->Profilux

And allow you to connect from outside your home
iPhone <-------> someplace not at home <---------> GHL Servers <---------->Your Router<-------->Profilux

To make all of this happen, the Profilux needs to hop on your Local Network's Wifi just like your phone, macbook or any other connected device.

To do that, you need to FIRST connect DIRECTLY to the profilux to change some settings, most importantly to set it up on your Wifi. The Profilux broadcasts its very own private connection that allows you to connect directly to it to make these changes.

WIth me so far?
This is another thing I needed. Someone to break it down like this. Not that I understand any better HOW to do these things but I like to know the bigger picture. It does help me to understand what we’re trying to achieve.
Yes I’m with you so far

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great - what happens when you put 192.168.1.200 in your browser on your MacBook - with the macbook connected to YOUR home wifi?

OP
OP
Reefer911

Reefer911

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I followed the steps Lasse outlined again and when I log into GHL connect (putting 192.168.4.1 in the address bar) this is what I see. My interface doesn’t look like his. Under myGHL ID, I don’t have the option to “add this GHL device to myGHL”
913B6C55-75C0-4667-943A-BD3C5CD9BA7F.jpeg

Then when I switch to my home WiFi and open another window, and log into myghl.com I see this
image.jpg

I click on add device,
image.jpg

put myghl id in the space, hit enter and see this.
image.jpg

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When yiu do this - your mac should be connected to your wifi - not to GHL hotspot. But before you disconnect from your hotspot - go to network and see if your ip still is 192.168.1.200. If not note the IP - logg out from the hotspot - connect the mac to your WiFi, open your browser and type 192.168.1.200 (or the new IP) Try to connect to my GHL again. The MAC should be connected to your WiFi now

Sincerely Lasse at 1;12 AM

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be clear

Your Profilux has TWO addresses.

One of them is assigned permanently to the HotSpot and can only be connected to when you are connected to the Profilux HotSpot. That is 192.168.4.1

You login there and SETUP your wifi on the Profilux (it looks like you did last night and it is 192.168.1.200).

You can only connect to the 192.168.1.200 (or whatever is assigned) address from YOUR home Wifi, not the hotspot. Don't worry about myghl.com yet, you are getting ahead of yourself.

OP
OP
Reefer911

Reefer911

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks. Yes it is still showing the same IP. It won’t connect when I’m on my home WiFi it’s just spinning and times out. That Verizon network is my home WiFi.

As much as I want to get this done, please get some rest. You’ve been very helpful and I appreciate that. If I don’t figure it out we can pick back up in the morning! Thank you for your help so far.
image.jpg

OP
OP
Reefer911

Reefer911

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be clear

Your Profilux has TWO addresses.

One of them is assigned permanently to the HotSpot and can only be connected to when you are connected to the Profilux HotSpot. That is 192.168.4.1

You login there and SETUP your wifi on the Profilux (it looks like you did last night and it is 192.168.1.200).

You can only connect to the 192.168.1.200 (or whatever is assigned) address from YOUR home Wifi, not the hotspot. Don't worry about myghl.com yet, you are getting ahead of yourself.
Ok then something is wrong because it will not connect to 192.168.1.200 on my home WiFi. Is it possible that I have a setting on my computer not allowing this?

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you connect to the hotspot and login that way - screen shot the settings there.
192.168.4.1 or whatever it is.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You were either able to change the login to the device last evening or it is the factory default.
You are also trying to connect to the wrong IP

Please follow directions or I can't help... One step at a time.
1674002551614.png

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back