*** R2R Secret Santa 2018 - Official Registration Thread ***

Discussion in 'R2R Secret Santa 2018' started by Santa Claus, Nov 20, 2018.

?
  1. YES I'm going to participate!

116 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. NO

124 vote(s)
    26.7%
  3. Maybe after I learn more about it!

224 vote(s)
    48.3%
  1. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Member R2R Supporter Partner Member 2019 R2R Secret Santa

secret santa graphic.jpg
    Hi Reef2Reefers!! We're excited to invite you to participate in the R2R Secret Santa gift exchange! This a great way for our members to spread some holiday cheer and as a bonus get to know each other little better.

I mean lots of us have family and friends who just don't get this crazy hobby of ours, and let's face it, they're probably more likely to get you another pair of socks than that latest trinket for your reef hobby that you've been eyeing... ;) But this gift exchange will be different because it's FOR REEFERS BY REEFERS! This will be lots of fun for everyone!!

Here is how it will work:
    • Members can sign up between now and December 1st.
    • Secret Santas will be assigned on December 2nd.
    • The total value of the gift must be at least $20.00. Please keep in mind that you may go above the minimum, but you may not receive the same in turn.
    • Buy or make gifts by 12/17/2018
    • Ship all gifts the week of 12/17/2018-12/21/2018
    • Delivery confirmation is mandatory and will need to be sent to @Santa Claus.
    • Everyone is welcome no matter where you live in the world. Just don't try to ship livestock cross-border.
    All R2R Secret Santa participants will receive a special SS banner under their username.

To sign up, you will need to:
    1. PM @Santa Claus with your contact information (full name, email, and shipping address).
    2. Join our Secret Santa usergroup (CLICK HERE)
    3. Post in this thread with your answers to the questionnaire (see below) IN THIS THREAD (this is our official registration thread).
    Secret Santa Questionnaire:
    1. What is your shirt size?
    2. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*
    3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind?
    4. What is your gender?
    5. What are your hobbies or other interests?
    6. What is your favorite color?
    If shipping coral we ask that you notify us with when you would like 2 ship so we can notify recipient and make sure they will be able to take in. If recipient can't be there we will ask them for 2 other days and work out with sender. (We don't mind playing the go between here to keep it more a secret.)

Also, notice that we have a special Secret Santa forum going on! Feel free to start other threads in here to talk about everything Secret Santa related, holiday related, or just anything you want to talk with all of us other SS peeps! Go wild! LOL

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2018
    outdoorsgal123, code4, hejjo and 19 others like this.
    Tags:

2. mdbannister

mdbannister Ahh...the Reef Life Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award Partner Member 2019 R2R Secret Santa Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor

Woohoo!! This is gonna be a blast!!!

3. mdbannister

mdbannister Ahh...the Reef Life Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award Partner Member 2019 R2R Secret Santa Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor

I'm in!

1. What is your shirt size? XL
    2. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Sure! I like acros (but they seem to not like me right now)...so maybe zoas. Those are doing well in my tank. :D
    3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? CHOCOLATE!! I like most any good chocolate!
    4. What is your gender? I'm a dude
    5. What are your hobbies or other interests (be sure to include any favorite movies/TV shows, sports teams, etc.)? I love BBQing and smoking meats (have a smoker). I also like Star Wars, Marvel comics, and New Orleans Saints (WHO DAT!?). I'm also a HUGE coffee fan. :)
    6. What is your favorite color? Don't really have one...probably black if I could only pick 1. But red, blue, etc. are all good too.

4. money88

money88 Active Member R2R Secret Santa

Sounds like fun!

1. What is your shirt size? M
    2. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? That would be awesome! LPS, cool Zoas, montipora
    3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? Grilling foods (Burgers, steaks, chicken)
    4. What is your gender? Male
    5. What are your hobbies or other interests (be sure to include any favorite movies/TV shows, sports teams, etc.)? I love board games (PC video games are fun too), Climbing, Kayaking, Mountain Biking
    6. What is your favorite color? Green or blue

5. JBKReef

JBKReef Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Secret Santa Build Thread Contributor

Sign me up!

1. What is your shirt size? XXL
    2. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? Anything! I'm up for a challenge, no GSP or Xenia though I am tired of battling them :p
    3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? I'm gonna have to agree with @mdbannister Chocolate for sure. Or nuts.
    5. What are your hobbies or other interests? I cook and I reef. Thats the extent of my hobbies. I'm a Kentucky Wildcats and Bengals fan although neither are too stellar right now. I also watch more than my fair share of television and movies. Entertainment junkie.
    6. What is your favorite color? The way anything looks under actinic lighting ;)

6. SPR1968

SPR1968 Fish & Coral Addict! R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad R2R Secret Santa UK Reef Club Member Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor Hospitality Award

I'm in to, I’ll do anything for a secret santa banner!!!

2. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? Yes but the postage to the UK might be a bit high!!
    3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? Chocolate what else!
    4. What is your gender? I’m the male of the species
    5. What are your hobbies or other interests (be sure to include any favorite movies/TV shows, sports teams, etc.)? Apart from spending 1000’s on reef tanks I’m a keen golfer, keen but not good!
    6. What is your favorite color? Blue

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
  7. Mike1995

Mike1995 Well-Known Member R2R Secret Santa

I wanna do it! :)

1. What is your shirt size? L
    2. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* yes but nothing too hard. Id like soft corals or something. Still learning the hobby :)
    3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? Beef jerky
    4. What is your gender? M
    5. What are your other hobbies (besides reefing...that's assumed) or other interests (be sure to include any favorite movies/TV shows, sports teams, etc.)?Freshwater fish keeping, fishing, hunting, the avengers, Star Wars
    6. What is your favorite color?Teal!

code4, Santa Claus, ndrwater and 8 others like this.
  8. Kayden Hutchings

Kayden Hutchings Active Member R2R Secret Santa Build Thread Contributor

This seems awesome! Are there any requirements for minimum posts or minimum time signed up to this forum?

9. James M

James M I like anemones R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

Here is how it will work:
    • Members can sign up between now and December 1st.
    • Secret Santas will be assigned on December 2nd.
    • The total value of the gift must be at least $20.00. Please keep in mind that you may go above the minimum, but you may not receive the same in turn.
    • Buy or make gifts by 12/17/2018
    • Ship all gifts the week of 12/17/2018-12/21/2018
    • Delivery confirmation is mandatory and will need to be sent to @Santa Claus.
    You can go to overview too

10. Neo Jeo

Neo Jeo Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Secret Santa Build Thread Contributor Hospitality Award

Secret Santa Questionnaire:
    1. What is your shirt size? 3X "I snack on my corals ;)"
    2. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Sure, I like LPS but getting into SPS's! I do live in Michigan, sooo it might be to cold for shipping ;)
    3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? I enjoy grilling so steaks and burgers! I like to marinate my meats.
    5. What are your other hobbies (besides reefing...that's assumed) or other interests (be sure to include any favorite movies/TV shows, sports teams, etc.)? PC Games "Steam" or Board games like Catan! My 2014 Jeep Wrangler
    6. What is your favorite color? BLUE
    Looking forward to this! Get me somethin real nice!

code4, tweeter, Santa Claus and 7 others like this.
  11. Kayden Hutchings

Kayden Hutchings Active Member R2R Secret Santa Build Thread Contributor

Shirt size: S or M
    Livestock: HECK YEAH send me your favorite corals I need to kickstart my collection and my light will be done this week!
    Favorite food/ snacks: I like anything as long as it’s not veggies or fruits I’m very picky about those
    Hobbies: Fishing, FW aquariums, Cars, Drawing.

Edit: forgot color, it’s black. Or yellow when on corals

Can’t wait guys, Been wanting to do one of these for a while now.

code4, tweeter, Santa Claus and 7 others like this.
  12. Neo Jeo

Neo Jeo Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Secret Santa Build Thread Contributor Hospitality Award

I don't see the special form to list my wish list, it only have the registration form listed.

13. Captain Quint

Captain Quint Two Score and Five Years ago-Salty R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award R2R Secret Santa Build Thread Contributor Hospitality Award

4. What is your gender? M
    5. What are your other hobbies (besides reefing...that's assumed) or other interests (be sure to include any favorite movies/TV shows, sports teams, etc.)? Durham Bulls & Tampa Bay Rays, Scuba Diving, Flying single-engine planes, FAMILY, Camping in my Airstream, My Harley-Davidson's
    6. What is your favorite color? Olive Drab Green

code4, Santa Claus, ndrwater and 4 others like this.
  14. JBKReef

JBKReef Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Secret Santa Build Thread Contributor

Just gotta search for it

upload_2018-11-20_11-24-10.png

15. JasonK84

JasonK84 I want more!!! R2R Supporter R2R Secret Santa Build Thread Contributor Hospitality Award

1. What is your shirt size? 4xlt
    2. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* sure, I keep a fish only with tangs, triggers, angels, and wrasses. Pods would cool.
    3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? Super spicy jerky, chocolate (not dark)
    5. What are your other hobbies (besides reefing...that's assumed) or other interests (be sure to include any favorite movies/TV shows, sports teams, etc.)? RC (cars, drones) Walking Dead, Forged in Fire, Dallas Cowboys, Texas Rangers
    6. What is your favorite color? Blue, Grey

16. Captain Quint

Captain Quint Two Score and Five Years ago-Salty R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award R2R Secret Santa Build Thread Contributor Hospitality Award

Thanks...should have had my readers on....got it

17. dantimdad

dantimdad Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award R2R Secret Santa Build Thread Contributor North Alabama Reef Club

This is awesome!

2. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* No, tank isn't ready
    3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? Cashews and Peanuts
    5. What are your other hobbies (besides reefing...that's assumed) or other interests (be sure to include any favorite movies/TV shows, sports teams, etc.)? Bama football, woodworking, cooking, guitar
    6. What is your favorite color? Yellow

18. Mike1995

Mike1995 Well-Known Member R2R Secret Santa

Your disqualified for being a cowboys fan :p

code4, tdlawdo, Santa Claus and 9 others like this.
  19. reacclimating 2 the hobby

reacclimating 2 the hobby patience is... oh look an acro pack fs! R2R Supporter Partner Member 2019 R2R Secret Santa Build Thread Contributor Hospitality Award

1. What is your shirt size? XL
    2. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* My tank will be fairly new, so anything hardy.
    3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? Peanut butter!!
    5. What are your other hobbies (besides reefing...that's assumed) or other interests (be sure to include any favorite movies/TV shows, sports teams, etc.)? I do a lot of wood working on the side for fun.
    6. What is your favorite color? Purple (go Vikings!)

20. reacclimating 2 the hobby

reacclimating 2 the hobby patience is... oh look an acro pack fs! R2R Supporter Partner Member 2019 R2R Secret Santa Build Thread Contributor Hospitality Award

R2R Secret Santa 2018 is the name of it.