RBTA color?

Starfire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible to bleach out a anenome. A buddy had it under some old t-5 lights shriveled up and almost died. The tenacles were just stubs. I brought it up to my 34 gal starfire, with a 150 mh 14k bulb. Will the red come back? He looks a million times better tenacles are stretching back out to about an inch, but no red color. :squigglemouth:

Yellowtang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If he is truly bleached. I would suggest some light feeding or it will not be getting any food for recooping his lost algaes and will just wither away more than likely.
Mysis, krill maybe some raw shrimp from the store (small chunks).. If he's still taking food. Don't feed to much and make sure he's expelled the old for a couple days before trying any more..

JR,

OP
OP
Starfire

Starfire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did feed him some frozen mysis about four days ago it did take about 2 small pieces.

mydraal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen these get so tore up by powerheads that all you see is pink bubblegum on the glass of the tank and completely recover. Don't give up on it. Best thing to do is not mess with it and keep everything stable while it recovers. Gl and let us know how everything works out.

cloakerpoked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine just got sucked into a MJ1000 about a week ago. Has lost a lot of his former red/pink color and looks like crap, but this isn't the first time it's happened, so I'm confident it will get better. Pretty sure if yours is taking food that it should recover fully.

OP
OP
Starfire

Starfire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just thought I would put up some news... The rbta is doing awesome the tenacles are about an inch and a half long now and the red is coming back to the tips.
thanks guys.

tj51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
n

when my nem was new I bought it when it was to young and it had a hard time eating. The tenacles were pure white. It has definitely done so well it's outgrowing my tank (I'll try to get some before and after shots)

Cuda

Hunter
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine went in rocks and never came out . It was white and small when I found it but it recoved,

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 44 78.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back