T5 Hybrid

HJ99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We just got our Aquatic life Hybrid set up yesterday with no LEDs yet. It's the 61" model over a 72x24x24 tank. I have 2 Blue Plus and 2 Corral Plus in it. It really lit up the tank ! So I have been contemplating what LEDs to get next. I like the price point of 3 AI Prime 16HD. Is there a practical reason to spend more ? We aren't completely sure what corrals we will be getting but don't want to be limited in the future. Also, if anyone has a setup similar, I was wondering about what height. Right now the fixture with just T5s is about 6 " off the water. Thanks

DC Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the smaller 24" model and have it mounted 7 inches above the water. I am running the Kessil A360X in mine. I also have an AI Prime 16 HD. I originally started with the Kessil over my frag tank and then purchased the AI. I tested them both with a Par meter and found that the Kessil's have a more even spread of PAR than the AI so I decided to use the Kessil on my DT. With that said, the AI spread wasn't bad, just the Kessil had better spread. When you set-up the the LED's I would recommend using a Par meter to get the spacing correct and identify any hotspots. I would expect either the AI or Kessil would provide adequate lighting for you tank and allow you the flexibility to grow any corals you want.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just FYI, Primes will have a spread of about 18x18" and max power is 59 watts (including fan?). The Hydras would probably be better for a 6 foot tank. Of course the T5s will help fill in the blanks.

There are other LED options too. I definitely do see not wanting to spend a fortune on Radion xr30s, for example.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back