OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the thing about reefing, not everyone can confess they had issues.
They happen to many of us.

Glad to see you didn't give up @i cant think

It sure is difficult keeping track. Im working on it!
I find that reefers don’t always mention the struggles they go through to get to where they are - I mean we have the “Ugly” Phase of a reef but honestly sometimes that’s the nicest time a reef has!
In my threads I often try to keep things as they are, real and issues that occur are rarely not documented.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I find that reefers don’t always mention the struggles they go through to get to where they are - I mean we have the “Ugly” Phase of a reef but honestly sometimes that’s the nicest time a reef has!
In my threads I often try to keep things as they are, real and issues that occur are rarely not documented.
There's a lot of times i should have documented something. I never realized that information might have helped another. Being able to show things happen, and its worth fighting back. There's a lot to enjoy.

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly feel that admitting that we’ve had setbacks and how we deal with them helps everyone including ourselves, as I find talking about it cathartic and a way to process. Ironically the impetus to set the 90 as a reef came from tragedy, when I lost 3 discus, 2 gold Nugget Plecos and a handful of other fish when I had a pump failure that caused the water to go anoxic. I was heartbroken but the reef has risen from the ashes like Phoenix to what it is today.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well this is annoying, I’m hoping I’ve gotten it in time but my orange hammer colony had BJD. I removed a dead head and a dying head in hopes to stop it. None of the other corals seem to have it so tomorrow I’ll do a good water change, cleaning the skimmer out and the pumps - I’m hoping to at some point do a citric acid bath on the pump in the display for better flow. Fingers are crossed for the recovery of that coral.

And on better news, look! @Miami Reef the blue tips are back. After months of pure green, finally some purple/blue has occurred.
IMG_0230.jpeg

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I thought this tank looked good enough to photograph so… Here’s some photos of the coral (and clam) and an FTS.
Blue Maxima Clam - Tridacna maxima
IMG_0274.jpeg

Red Goni - Goniopora sp.
IMG_0273.jpeg

Blue Tip Stag - Acropora sp.
IMG_0279.jpeg

Blueberry Shortcake - Acropora microclados
IMG_0277.jpeg

Glitterbomb Goni - Goniopora sp.
IMG_0272.jpeg

Plasma Torch - Euphyllia glabrescens
IMG_0275.jpeg

And, the FTS.
IMG_0268.jpeg

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 25 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 95 66.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back