THEY ALL COME CRAWLING BACK...

Louiemiller9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello reef fam,

long time no talk... I know I haven’t been as active as usual but thanks to Covid I had to put my entire aqurium setup on hold. Now that things are getting back to normal I’m ready to jump head first back into the hobby. I currently have a 125g tank with an addition 50 g sump. This tank has continued to run through Covid (6 months or so ago) it currently houses 6 clowns and a small puffer (the puffer is soon to be rehomed). I wanted to make sure I was safe to start adding corals again, as I have not been keeping up on my water parameters besides temp and salinity. I would assume that the tank has had plenty of time to cycle as the fish have been in there for a few months.

anyways the real question i am getting at is what water parameters should i focus on right now in order to add some “beginner“ corals (Xenia GSP Zoas). Lastly i have just recently installed 4 AI primes (16hd) and have been playing around with the settings a bit. If you all have any recommendations on light settings/schedules please let me know.

I would appreciate any and all feedback.

Thanks for everything,
LOU

SOOOO Glad to be BACK BABY!

RuuToo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Xenia would grow in soup. Green star polyps would grow on the stove the soup was cooking on.

Keep alkalinity stable, nitrates and phosphates reasonable and calcium above 400 and you should be fine. Stability is key.

RuuToo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alk and calcium are of no concern with small wcs and soft corals.
My opinion.
D
While I agree mostly, I think that pH plays a role and that makes alkalinity (at least stable alkalinity) a little bit important. Agree on the calcium, as long as it isn’t crazy high or crazy low.

OP
OP
Louiemiller9

Louiemiller9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Xenia would grow in soup. Green star polyps would grow on the stove the soup was cooking on.

Keep alkalinity stable, nitrates and phosphates reasonable and calcium above 400 and you should be fine. Stability is key.
Hahaha lol

thanks man!

Back