0   0   0

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Open+Brain+Coral+1.jpg

This is what I want @siggy. Those colors are right up my alley.

Anyone have thoughts on Trachyphyllia on a bare bottom (black Starboard in my case)? Most folks mention sand, but if I recall, @DSC reef had one on the glass.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My issue has always been that the ones I like are too expensive to justify, and the cheaper ones tend to be a bit bland. Like the one above. Absolutely amazing! Not spending $750 and hope it lives. I just can't do it. ;Blackeye
Check out Vivid's site he has the same, but at a fraction of the $$$..also extreme has a few nice ones that I keep telling myself NO

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I want @siggy. Those colors are right up my alley.

Anyone have thoughts on Trachyphyllia on a bare bottom (black Starboard in my case)? Most folks mention sand, but if I recall, @DSC reef had one on the glass.
Trachyphyllia do very well without sand. With the size of the one we had there was never an issue if it moving around from flow;);Hilarious

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should probably post these pics here, huh?
DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0003-2.jpg

Still waiting for it to open more. I may need to move it to a location with less fish activity. It doesn't seem to like when they swim right over it.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0003-2.jpg

Still waiting for it to open more. I may need to move it to a location with less fish activity. It doesn't seem to like when they swim right over it.

If it seems ok with the flow and light I would leave it, they can take weeks to settle to new things! ;)

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it seems ok with the flow and light I would leave it, they can take weeks to settle to new things! ;)
Might be a silly question, but how would I know if it is ok with the light and flow if it doesn't open? o_O

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will open after a day or 2 if it likes it's position. But mine are pretty forgiving on flow as long as they are not getting closed up by it. Light intensity can make them close up more. At least that's how they are in my tank.

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0003-2.jpg

It actually doesn't look bad. Give it time to acclimate. In due time the coral won't be affected by the fish.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It actually doesn't look bad. Give it time to acclimate. In due time the coral won't be affected by the fish.
Thanks.

I must have a simple mind. I'm fascinated by this thing just in how it starts to inflate and pulls back. The colors change every time it happens. Some times I can see almost no red. Right now it looks like it was splattered with red paint.

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks.

I must have a simple mind. I'm fascinated by this thing just in how it starts to inflate and pulls back. The colors change every time it happens. Some times I can see almost no red. Right now it looks like it was splattered with red paint.
Very common behavior my friend. Ours would loose its yellows during inflation/deflation. It's my favorite LPS. They always draw you right to the tank. Lol

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 47 26.0%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 44 24.3%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 42 23.2%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 44 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back