OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't done enough pirating lately. Just too much going on. I do plan on trying to finish THD this weekend. Sometime. Maybe.... :rolleyes:

Tonto(he's half Cherokee, and yes we pick on him about being a red man... pretty much anything goes as far as a joke in our clan) and I completed it on release night.

We got on and were only planning on screwing around with it because we both had to work the next day. Well, there was a guy all alone on Shark Bait Cove following me around, so I added him as a friend and he jumped in our Xbox party.

Turns out dude had finished the running around and needed someone to help kill the megalodon. He jumped on our sloop and helped us finish the running around part quickly. On the way back to Shark Bait Cove, we run into(literally run into, I think all of us were in shock that the third guy's ship was halfway across the map and heading for us) a guy that "borrowed" third dude's ship looking for someone to help with the megalodon.He had a galleon full and needed one more.

See, ol' Merrick is singing a tune and banging on his drum. Banging this tune on the drum happens to be the way to summon the megalodon, but you need AT LEAST five people to summon him... so two boats working together.

We end up all meeting back at Merrick, picking up his tune and sailing out to face the great shark. Once at the location, we all pull out our drums and bang away. One person was banging the entire time of course, the only way to pick up the song is to play standing next to Merrick... and you can't climb a ladder and play at the same time so it takes a we bit o' coordination.

Once the shark spawned it was a rough battle full of cannonblasts and pistol shots and lots and lots of teeth. He nearly sunk our small sloop when he knocked both of us(Tonto and Turtle) in the water after a mighty charge, but luckily the larger galleon was taking most of the blows.

Once the shark was defeated we sailed back to ol' double peg legs himself once more and recieved our rewards. A shark bite scar, and a fancy megalodon figurehead for the ship.

I was in bed by 10:30... honestly, I havent seen anyone working together like that, let alone 7 people from 3 different ships, in the entire time I've been playing. I got a few achievements that night, a few of them were sailing the same speed as another ship without firing a shot, drinking in a tavern with a pirate from another crew, and playing a song with X number of pirates(I think it may be 5 or more...).

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone is happy this evening...

20180609_192226.jpg
20180609_192447.jpg

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man maui rip. That is awful. I'm sorry I thought he was making progress.

I just had that to my indigo Hamlet. Started eating and being more active than bam dead. An awful feeling.

Tmm87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If everything goes to plan(I know, Murphy is laughing at that) this will only be a 4 week delay. Hmmm... need to figure out a stain color.

Murphy can't understand why he's being dragged into this...he most certainly had nothing to do with it...

IMG_20180602_001435_146.jpg

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, so there's this thing on the interwebs called R2R and I've been neglecting it.

Everything is kinda stalled right now. Until next week that is. This nightshift has been kicking me right in the tail fins.

Thursday night we had a coal mill seal blown out and blowing coal dust everywhere. Literally, everywhere. Cleaned all that up for hours. I had coal in places I didn't know I had places.

Friday night we got about 3 inches of rain in 30 minutes. All our sump pumps were overwhelmed, two of our centac compressors tripped because of how much water was coming down on top of them, and wind blew a tree down on one of the outside pole power lines amd knocked out some of our outside equipment.

Last night, the mill that was blowing dust everywhere has been on fire, but closed up. Dayshift decided to open it up yesterday and let it breathe for some reason. We've been fighting it all night trying to get it cooled off. At one point we had 20' flames coming out of the metal house that it sits inside.

As far as my holding tank is going. The fish are all still fat and happy. The snowflake mysteriously passed... not sure why, but no real loss, especially after the disappearance of my lubbocki wrasse. Fish list consists of my two clowns, brunneus wrasse, tomini tang and sapphire damsel(who likes to flare up at my brunneus wrasse, who in turn flares up right back). LPS are all fluffy and colorful. SPS is a little worse for wear. PC Rainbow, LL Do Me and I'll Owe You One, red monti, and the staghorn are all dead. The 24 karat digi was STN from the base, and the bubblegum looked pale. The mystery acro frag is browned out, but has no tissue loss. That thing seems bullet proof, I should be able to recover it. The tri color frag also is greened out where I was starting to pull some blue out of the tip. Pretty bullet proof acro also, and I'm positive it will recover. The purple and green polyp monti colony looks fine even tho it isn't under dirrect light nor is it getting very much flow. I positive that piece is bulletproof. There just is not enough light to sustain the more delecate acros from a 2 bulb 24" T5, and I dont have any more light I can put over that tank.

Tuesday I'm supposed to have help moving the old tank (yes, its still sitting there), the 40 breeder, and my furniture out of the living room. Then I can go rent a sander and get to work on the floors.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, so there's this thing on the interwebs called R2R and I've been neglecting it.

Everything is kinda stalled right now. Until next week that is. This nightshift has been kicking me right in the tail fins.

Thursday night we had a coal mill seal blown out and blowing coal dust everywhere. Literally, everywhere. Cleaned all that up for hours. I had coal in places I didn't know I had places.

Friday night we got about 3 inches of rain in 30 minutes. All our sump pumps were overwhelmed, two of our centac compressors tripped because of how much water was coming down on top of them, and wind blew a tree down on one of the outside pole power lines amd knocked out some of our outside equipment.

Last night, the mill that was blowing dust everywhere has been on fire, but closed up. Dayshift decided to open it up yesterday and let it breathe for some reason. We've been fighting it all night trying to get it cooled off. At one point we had 20' flames coming out of the metal house that it sits inside.

As far as my holding tank is going. The fish are all still fat and happy. The snowflake mysteriously passed... not sure why, but no real loss, especially after the disappearance of my lubbocki wrasse. Fish list consists of my two clowns, brunneus wrasse, tomini tang and sapphire damsel(who likes to flare up at my brunneus wrasse, who in turn flares up right back). LPS are all fluffy and colorful. SPS is a little worse for wear. PC Rainbow, LL Do Me and I'll Owe You One, red monti, and the staghorn are all dead. The 24 karat digi was STN from the base, and the bubblegum looked pale. The mystery acro frag is browned out, but has no tissue loss. That thing seems bullet proof, I should be able to recover it. The tri color frag also is greened out where I was starting to pull some blue out of the tip. Pretty bullet proof acro also, and I'm positive it will recover. The purple and green polyp monti colony looks fine even tho it isn't under dirrect light nor is it getting very much flow. I positive that piece is bulletproof. There just is not enough light to sustain the more delecate acros from a 2 bulb 24" T5, and I dont have any more light I can put over that tank.

Tuesday I'm supposed to have help moving the old tank (yes, its still sitting there), the 40 breeder, and my furniture out of the living room. Then I can go rent a sander and get to work on the floors.
Work has been pretty slow for me lately, too. :p

Hopefully it will all come together for you once you get off night shift!

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Non reefing update, but it's on my list of stuff to do before I get the tank set back up so it's kinda related... that and I haven't been posting much and since when has one of my threads stayed on track...

I FINALLY got my lawnmower fixed. Well, until something else breaks. Last time I tried to get the grass cut the battery was D-E-D. So, I went and bought a battery. Put that in start it up get one pass in and the deck spindle belt slings out from under my butt.

Ehh, its old... no big deal. Ride up to Lowe's and pick one of those and two new blades up. Might as well, they are old and I'm gonna be under there anyway. Put it all on and start cutting again. This time I get about two more passes in, make a left turn and the right front wheel falls off...

Thats right, the Wheel. Comes. Off. Right off the axle and I'm now leaning to the side, stuck in the front yard and gouging my centepede. Great... Murphy doesn't just single out my reef tank.

Ok, so the little plastic bearing broke. A front tire cant be too much.... $40 later and I have a new front tire. Start cutting once again.

Mind you here in SC, you cut grass from sun up to about 9am, then from about 5:30-6pm to dark. Middle of the day is guaranteed heat stroke, even on a riding lawn mower. All this week is going to be 99°F with a heat index of 110°F. Don't forget the humidity that is like breathing hot pea soup. Oh you wanna sweat to cool off, you're already drenched from the humidity.

Anyway, its getting late as I've already made three trips to town to buy parts and had to put said parts on. I get most of the front yard cut when I run over a root, break a piece of said root out of the ground which locks up the blades, and the engine to deck belt slings out from under my butt. Hey there, Murphy. I see you're still hanging around.

This isn't the belt I replaced earlier in the day. That one is still under there. Check out the belt and it's mostly intact with just one little fray on it. Take my knife and trim that off so it doesnt get caught on anything. Put it back under the mower and go to cut and as soon as I engage the PTO the belt makes a bunch of flopping noise and when I disengage the PTO the belt slings out again, missing a chunk.

Duck it. I'm just not going to finish the front yard, nor even come close to touching the back yard. Weed eat around the azaleas and the house and call it a day.
Fast forward about two weeks to today. (Yea, imagine two weeks of exceptionally rainy summer in SC without cutting grass on top of extremely fertile soil. Seriously, my neighborhood is an old pecan orchard. They picked really good soil to grow them. Pecan trees are still in pretty rows all down both sides of the dirt roads. Its really pretty and super old south. I happen to have five pecan trees in my yard. Oh, and we're in SC. It is pronounced pee-can. You can take that wierd pi-con nonsense out of here. Also, the back yard had been about two weeks since I cut it due to crazy rain every day I was off, plus the two weeks I was working crazy hours and didn't have time to look at the mower.... yea.) Get off work and go straight to Lowe's. Find the right part number for the belt I need. It's $30... oh well I need it. I go up to check out and there's no barcode. The guy calls the lawn and garden desk and says he's got a 42" drive belt and needs a number... few seconds later and he's punching in something. The price comes up as $2.43. Wait, $2.43!? Hurry and pay before they call back with the right number!

Get home and put my belt on and in the collision with the root two weeks ago, a pulley got whacked out of alignment. Straightened it and got my grass cut. You know, if it wasnt a free lawn mower, I'd say I got ripped off. Guy gave it away because it wouldn't start. All it needed was the starter gear was rusted in place and wouldn't kick out. Can of WD-40 and it started right up. It pays to know how to fix your own stuff. I think I have everything fixed now where it'll last me a while before needing anything more than gas.

I tell you that whole story so I can show you this picture...

Welcome to the jungle baby, you gonna die!

20180618_083239.jpg

The back yard was knee deep... anyone have a hay bailer I can borrow?

Last edited:
Back