SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now this is a fairy tail mower....BTW Bagging or mulching:p
IMG_1454.jpg

I do have a bagger... but normally I have to empty it a few times while cutting. I have a feeling it would be full every ten feet with how tall the grass was. I mulched most of it up pretty good and kind of blew it into one area. I'll rake it up later when it's dried out.

Those are nice tractors... a little bigger than what I need, but I daily drive a F250 diesel crew cab to work. Overkill is kinda my thing. If I get another mower, it'll probably be a zero turn.

Last edited:

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have a bagger... but normally I have to empty it a few times while cutting. I have a feeling it would be full every ten feet with how tall the grass was. I mulched most of it up pretty good and kind of blew it into one area. I'll rake it up later when it's dried out.

Those are nice tractors... a little bigger than what I need, but I daily drive a F250 diesel crew cab to work. Overkill is kinda my thing. If I get another mower, it'll probably be a zero turn.
I'm thinking a flame thrower would be better than a bagger!

upload_2018-6-18_19-29-18.png

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking a flame thrower would be better than a bagger!

upload_2018-6-18_19-29-18.png

You know the summer solstice is right around the corner... I'm not above having a huge bonfire in the back yard.

That's it, everyone is invited over... tank set up and grass burning party at Turtle's house this weekend. Lol

Last edited:

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is moved! Now, clean up all those wires and move everything else out the living room...

20180619_115610.jpg
You should consider redoing the floor while you have the tank out of the way....

;Troll;Troll;Troll;Troll;Troll;Troll

I just hope that it sands out ok!

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
.... and I thought moving furniture was hard work. Three passes on a 375 sqft floor will wear your back and shoulders out. Jeez. I made two with 24 grit, then one with 36 grit. Went better than I expected. Working on 80 grit now, then 120. Need to head to Lowe's tomorrow and get some lower grit pads for my orbital to get up next to the walls. 220 isn't going to cut much.

20180619_213253.jpg

The bad spots sanded almost flat, only 2 boards that still have a slight warp. I could sand further... but I dont want to go too far and gouge a spot lower than the rest of the floor. I'll take the orbital and sand the low spots bare so they match the rest of the floor. I've also got a few spots to fill with stainable wood filler.

20180619_220124.jpg
20180619_220108.jpg

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doing the edge is rough period! with the orbital, you have to almost stand it on its edge to cut or you will get a low spot on the opposing side due to the high spot along the wall. I rent a hand belt sander to run the edge, they do have a hand edge sander specifically for edges and I tried it once but prefer the old school belt, there is always an edge and I cover it with a quarter round molding. another tip from the pros up here, In Michigan we use salt to deice and our door entrances can get sloppy with foot traffic and stain the floors. Make a loose paste with baking soda let it set for awhile then sand, works on blood and wine stains to....sometimes. Hope something here helps!

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Three passes on a 375 sqft floor will wear your back and shoulders out. Jeez. I made two with 24 grit, then one with 36 grit.
Thats odd. After those 3 passes I don't feel a thing in my back or shoulders.... :confused:

Its really looking good!

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thaks for the tips @siggy. Dad has a belt sander I may go steal. For now, we try 40 grit on the orbital.

@Brew, traps, lats, and biceps feel like I dead lifted your 187g tank...

Ok, its not that bad because I am in decent shape. Hey, round is a shape! Its the shell I swear... lol. ;Woot But really, my job keeps my upper and lower body in pretty goood shape, its the middle that suffers. Its swing shift, I swear. Everyone who starts there that is thin and in shape, 3 years in they have a stomach. Imagine me after 10 years! ;Facepalm Messes with your metabolism.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thaks for the tips @siggy. Dad has a belt sander I may go steal. For now, we try 40 grit on the orbital.

Ok, its not that bad because I am in decent shape. Hey, round is a shape! Its the shell I swear... lol. ;Woot But really, my job keeps my upper and lower body in pretty goood shape, its the middle that suffers. Its swing shift, I swear. Everyone who starts there that is thin and in shape, 3 years in they have a stomach. Imagine me after 10 years! ;Facepalm Messes with your metabolism.
I learned a long time ago never to judge a persons physical conditioning by the size of their belly. We have guys I work with that are much larger in the middle than I am who could outwork me every day of the week.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whew... I'm glad I'm working inside this week. It's rough out there for sure. Dang black interior in my truck... Taking the floor sander back. Got the 120 grit done, and I have pictures with the family in Columbia tonight. I'm not gettkng charged for two days.

received_622658598101815.jpeg
received_2013911595287692.jpeg

Screenshot_20180620-123434_Weather.jpg

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I did about 13 years of 12 hour swing shifts, only stopped because they took my job off me for medical reasons, it does screw with you body! :(

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 88 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back