OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, my favorite part is that rug. Looks like ocean waves. Excellent job!

Can't take credit for that... my ex fiancee picked that one. I agreed, but it was her find. Fairly inexpensive if I remember too. I'm certain it was less than $80 on Amazon.

I have a few pillows for the couch also... white and blue. One is white with a blue stitched skip jack tuna on it. Another is bluenwith white stitching, has a little quote one it, "You can't control the wind, but you can adjust the sails." Another is just blue with a white stripe...

Aaron-A2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Robin Haselden I just read through this entire thread. This has been one rollercoaster @_@

I actually ordered my SCA 90 on Monday (Current 210 is SCA as well). Looking forward to being right there with ya!

Side Edit: I've spoken to Steve at SCA as well -- I'm getting them to silicone the bottom drilled holes, remove the center overflow, and drill 4 rear holes for an external overflow. Giving the bean animal method a try!

Last edited:
OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Robin Haselden I just read through this entire thread. This has been one rollercoaster @_@

I actually ordered my SCA 90 on Monday (Current 210 is SCA as well). Looking forward to being right there with ya!

Side Edit: I've spoken to Steve at SCA as well -- I'm getting them to silicone the bottom drilled holes, remove the center overflow, and drill 4 rear holes for an external overflow. Giving the bean animal method a try!

Yea...

CplmAG8.jpg

I would be skeptical of covering up the bottom holes with silicon. I'm sure they can custom make your 90 for an external overflow without the holes drilled in the bottom...

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be skeptical of covering up the bottom holes with silicon. I'm sure they can custom make your 90 for an external overflow without the holes drilled in the bottom...
Agreed. They did mine that way, drilled for a synergy ghost overflow.
969ss.JPG

Aaron-A2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I got a pretty good deal, plus the silicone will be covered up by sand.

Aaron-A2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Robin Haselden Yeah I remember, and I feel for you... Looking forward to seeing it built up again!

I worked with SCA before for my 210. It came in cracked at the base from a pallet jack hitting it during shipment. They re-shipped a brand new tank within the same week. So far, they have been good to me and others I know (as well as yourself it seems since they shipped you a new one relatively quickly).

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weekend off... This week has been fun, really busy at work. Normal dayshift with everyone at the plant. Thunderstorms every night also, welcome to summer in the south. LED light fixture in the kitchen blew up last night and my DSL modem blew up earlier this week. Yep, Murphy hasn't left me alone still.

Anyway, lets get this stand leveled. First thing I noticed was the left side has a little gap under it. Floor is lower in that one spot. Need sone shims. Left to right, the stand is pretty level but front to back its down about a 1/8" in the back. The good thing, its its down about an 1/8" on both the back left and back right corner.

20180630_132547.jpg
20180630_132558.jpg

Left to right

20180630_133752.jpg

Left side, front to back(front higher)

20180630_133814.jpg

Right side, front to back(front higher)

20180630_133834.jpg

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Somebody call Turtle's work and get him excused for a couple weeks with pay.

The clowns miss all the tank updates.

IMG_20180701_125710_672.jpg
I'm not sure the people in his area would appreciate his not being there to help keep the lights on. ;)

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have most of my vacation time left. I've only taken 1 or 2 days this year, and I have one day this coming Saturday.

But... my sister, brother-in-law and neice came over today and helped with the rest of the furniture and the tank.

20180701_141604.jpg

Now, back to setting this tank up. We're fixing to do a garden hose thru the back door and fill this thing with tap water. We want to make sure that the stand is going to stay level from where we shimmed it.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a few minutes, and a bathroom break from all the running water sounds, later... the tank is full.

20180701_150102.jpg

Everything is level front to back and left to right, the doors both line up on the stand still and there are shims under every spot that doesnt touch the floor with a max of 3" between shims. I don't feel I can level this thing any better than it is.

Guess its time to siphon all the tap water out and work on the plumbing now. Gotta open up the return for the lock lines like we did before.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back