What is this stuff?

Is this stuff safe?

• Total voters

Hambonej

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a biocube 29, the sump is pretty basic. Chamber 1 hydor slim skim. Opened up the flow into chamber to filter floss, purigen, chemi pure elite, then rock rumble. Chamber three 3 heater and return pump. Two power heads in the back for extra flow in the tank. I have mars-aqua lights on a timer. 6-8am blue 80%, 8-10 blues 80% and whites 20%, 10a-6p whites 20%, 6p-8p blues 80% and whites 20%, then 8-10p Blues80% I have also gutted the factory lid and just set the lights right on top. The tank have been running for about 8 months.

upload_2017-8-14_9-16-8.png

IMG_1631.JPG

IMG_1633.JPG

IMG_1637.JPG

ThunderGoose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you referring to those circles on the plug? Those are quite possibly snail eggs. Not all eggs are fertile but regardless they won't be a problem.

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like colonial tunicates on the plug and bubble algae on the LPS.

OP
OP
Hambonej

Hambonej

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! Should I move my maze brain? I've read place in sand and leave it alone. Not on the rocks as the skeleton can be disturbed.

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that those types of LPS succumb to bacterial infections related to tissue damage, whether or not the sand bed is better than rocks is just speculation. I prefer sand bed.
Best to acclimate any new LPS to LED lighting by placement lower in the tank initially imo :)

OP
OP
Hambonej

Hambonej

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok should I worry about the bubble alega at this point considering how few it is. From what I gathered, take the maze brain out in a separate container, then take a razor and pop off the bubbles (try not to pop them; brain back in.

What are everyone's thoughts on hatching baby brine. I am sure there would be a spike in something? Seems like a good source of food for candy, frog, and sometimes brain??

Thanks!

OP
OP
Hambonej

Hambonej

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that those types of LPS succumb to bacterial infections related to tissue damage, whether or not the sand bed is better than rocks is just speculation. I prefer sand bed.
Best to acclimate any new LPS to LED lighting by placement lower in the tank initially imo :)
What is LPS succumb bacterial infection?

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back