40g Breeder Build Thread

e.litvin

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

I'm somewhat new to the saltwater world and wanted to share my view with everyone so I can hear feedback from people with experience.
As of right now I'm getting started on the stand and should be wrapping that up within the next week or so. Was thinking about doing a 20 gallon sump/frag tank. Curious on some good skimmers for a 20g sump. Already have BRS GFO reactor and bio pellet reactor so I really don't need that much room beside the skimmer and was going to do external return pump to make more room for the small frag rack.

Here are a few quick pictures, I will post more as I progress through the build and I am looking forward to hearing some input!

IMG_8472.jpg
IMG_2435.jpg
IMG_4483.jpg

Zoacoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go with a sea side aquatics cs1 skimmer, small footprint, and will be plenty for your tank!

OP
OP
E

e.litvin

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright sounds good, do you think I need anything else besides that and the two reactors? As far as water quality..

I have a mp10 coming in and already have a LED fixture (May switch back to MH/T5 combo because growth was better)

Zoacoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think so. Someone else may chime in. mp10 will be great, even better if you can get 2!. What kind of LED fixture do you have?

OP
OP
E

e.litvin

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah still working on getting another.. (If anyone wants to throw one my way I won't complain lol)

Its one of those 120w LED fixtures from ebay, works alright for now but I want to get radions if I stick with the LEDs. I just want whatever will give me the best growth and look nice at the same time.

Zoacoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like my ati sunpower fixture for now, I ordered some radions though. but Im not sure if I will use them, but for the price I got them at, I couldnt pass it up.

Singlefin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you try fit a 20L through your doors? Mine barely fit.

Part of me is salty...,

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great lookin' set up you got there! Can't wait to see the progress!! Have fun! :)

OP
OP
E

e.litvin

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im leaving the top open when I finish the stand so I can jam everything in there lol. That way theres no worries about tight fits. Hopefully I can get everything to fit. I was actually thinking about mounting my BRS reactors on the outside of the tank. It would save me room and there not exactly an ugly piece of equipment. <<<opinions on this idea please!!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great job! Looking forward to more!

OP
OP
E

e.litvin

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone! Im moving in july so there won't be any livestock picture until then :( but as far as the stand, sump, tank, etc.. I will update whenever I work on it!

OP
OP
E

e.litvin

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry everyone, will take pictures soon. The tank is up and running.Fish wise I threw in a pair of black ice clowns, a leopard wrasse, and I also have a pair of hawaiian sunburst erectus.Also got a sick new RBTA!

creefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice build! Looking forward to seeing some more pictures.

Did you ever get a second MP10?? That's on my birthday list this year. I'm running one in my 40B with a tunze and I want another MP10.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.3%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 93 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 57 30.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.6%
Back