ATO warnings

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoping the brains trust can help me out here.

Currently I use a seperate ATO (tunze) and it hasn't failed in 20+ yrs.

My revivor also uses the Tunze RO water controller (so it's always got RO in it)

My skimmer has a drain attached (so it's always empty) and a neck cleaner - makes me more lazy than I should be but works well none the less.

Recently (twice now) my skimmer has gone crazy (still trying to figure out way) but it's skimming so wet that the ATO runs none stop. And the ATO never runs dry - which resulted in a drop to 1.020 as I was away for a few days.

After that long winded description my quesiton is

If I move the ATO function to a Profilux 3 can it be setup to alarm me if the ATO pumps over a certain volume (or time based) over a 6/12/24 hour period?

Setting up the ATO is easy, but can it alert if it pumps "an unusual (configurable) amount" of RO?

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the "max on-time" feature would come in handy in this scenario. You can use a GHL float and the built-in ATO function to manage your ATO needs. Within the ATO settings, you have an option called "Maximum on-time" which sounds like something you'll find useful.

You set the max time the ATO function is allowed to run and if the skimmer goes nuts again leaving the ATO running, this limiter will stop the ATO function and trigger an alarm once that max time limit is reached. If you have your push notification and email notification setup, you'll know about it immediately. Furthermore, you have the option to reset the alarm automatically when the sensor detects the water level in the sump is back to normal. If you want, you can leave that feature disabled. In that case, the controller will leave the alarm state active until you manually reset it.

OP
OP
M

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the "max on-time" feature would come in handy in this scenario. You can use a GHL float and the built-in ATO function to manage your ATO needs. Within the ATO settings, you have an option called "Maximum on-time" which sounds like something you'll find useful.

You set the max time the ATO function is allowed to run and if the skimmer goes nuts again leaving the ATO running, this limiter will stop the ATO function and trigger an alarm once that max time limit is reached. If you have your push notification and email notification setup, you'll know about it immediately. Furthermore, you have the option to reset the alarm automatically when the sensor detects the water level in the sump is back to normal. If you want, you can leave that feature disabled. In that case, the controller will leave the alarm state active until you manually reset it.
Sounds perfect - will look into and implement that.

Alas, I am using a P3 so no push notifications for me :-(

But the alarms via email would suffice.

Thanks @Vinny@GHLUSA

OP
OP
M

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

While on the subject, is there any advantage of a 2 float ATO over a 1 float ATO? I currently use the Tunze with 1 optical sensor (for RO activation) and a second as an "alarm" for overfill

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While on the subject, is there any advantage of a 2 float ATO over a 1 float ATO? I currently use the Tunze with 1 optical sensor (for RO activation) and a second as an "alarm" for overfill
Personal preference.

You get the built-in safety feature if you choose to use 1 or 2 sensors. In a 2 sensor scenario, you can use the 2nd sensor as a low level point which activates the ATO function and keeps it running until it reaches the upper sensor. The other 2 sensor option lets you put the 2 sensors side-by-side. If both sensors detect low water level, it will trigger the ATO function.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 10.0%
Back