Blenny flashing. Prazi not working?

GnarcoticFiend

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi y’all. I’ve had this bicolor blenny for well over a month and about two weeks ago I noticed him coming down from his rock and kicking up sand in the same exact spot every single time. Note i’ve never seen him flash on the rocks. It almost seems as if he’s just kicking up sand with his tail? I’ve gone through two treatments of prazipro and he continues to flash on the sand. He’s been eating fine throughout this whole thing and has no visible signs like spots or anything. I keep two clowns with him and they show no signs, they don’t flash or anything which leaves me confused. Help would be very much appreciated, thank you for taking the time out of your day to help me.

OP
OP
GnarcoticFiend

GnarcoticFiend

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi y’all. I’ve had this bicolor blenny for well over a month and about two weeks ago I noticed him coming down from his rock and kicking up sand in the same exact spot every single time. Note i’ve never seen him flash on the rocks. It almost seems as if he’s just kicking up sand with his tail? I’ve gone through two treatments of prazipro and he continues to flash on the sand. He’s been eating fine throughout this whole thing and has no visible signs like spots or anything. I keep two clowns with him and they show no signs, they don’t flash or anything which leaves me confused. Help would be very much appreciated, thank you for taking the time out of your day to help me.
My parameters are
Salinity 1.025
Temp 78 Degrees
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 5
PH 7.8 to 8

Note, i’ve also had two banggai cardinalfish in this tank and they both died a week apart. I’m not sure if the prazipro was too harsh on them or what as the were eating and acting fine the same day they passed.
I tried to save them by putting carbon in the filter and doing a 40% water change but it just wasn’t enough. Both of them did not show any symptoms and I dipped them in freshwater after they passed to see if any flukes would detach but nothing. Which leaves me back at step 1

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My parameters are
Salinity 1.025
Temp 78 Degrees
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 5
PH 7.8 to 8

Note, i’ve also had two banggai cardinalfish in this tank and they both died a week apart. I’m not sure if the prazipro was too harsh on them or what as the were eating and acting fine the same day they passed.
I tried to save them by putting carbon in the filter and doing a 40% water change but it just wasn’t enough. Both of them did not show any symptoms and I dipped them in freshwater after they passed to see if any flukes would detach but nothing. Which leaves me back at step 1
Very Sorry, this post dropped through the cracks, and I missed it. Any update on the blenny?
Jay

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back