Confused: Radion intensity

sil40sx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been thinking about this, but I get mixed answers when I search the forums. Can anyone confirm/verify what would be the correct or real intensity?

Example 1:

1.jpg

Example 2:

2.jpg

I'm guessing Example 2 is true 100% intensity because all channels are maxed out. But, If example 1 is not the real 100% does that mean there's a formula to find out whats the correct intensity for that? like add all those individual sliders then divide them by X then multiply with X, or something? Currently, I'm leaning towards my guess, but need the right formula if my guess is right. LOL

On reeflink, I think you cannot go over a certain intensity number if some of the sliders are not all the way up (100%)

Example 3:

4.jpg

So if I have mine set at 65% from Example 3, does that mean I am only 65% of the 70% actual intensity that shows on reeflink (which is 45.5% only)?

3.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Jasper

Last edited:

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The overall intensity is the correct intensity.....the numbers below each color are just the percentage of that color out of 100%....not intensity....at least that is who it was explained to my from Ecotech.

OP
OP
sil40sx

sil40sx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From the reeflink screenshot above, are you referring to the one that says 70% as the overall intensity , or the skinny yellow bar in the middle that says 100%?

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not a LED guy, but hopefully I can help you out here...

The reeflink screenshot shows the total intensity with the skinny yellow bar (showing what would be the max., 100%), the 70% intensity of the green dot at that chosen position, and all the usage percentages of each individual color (not percentage of intensity, but percentage of used color).

The example 3 shows the 65% intensity circled on the top and all the usage percentages of each individual color over them.

The Hydra Prime HD also has that function. You can change the percentage of the individual colors and still keep the percentage of intensity you set.
Am I right?

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From the reeflink screenshot above, are you referring to the one that says 70% as the overall intensity , or the skinny yellow bar in the middle that says 100%?
@A. grandis is correct....he explained it better than I did :)

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 99 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back