Dear Reef Brite,

cingnut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a pair of @Reefbrite 72" LumiLite Pro's and the Apex Dual Channel Interface. I programmed everything perfectly on the Apex/VDM/Profile and installed the lights and channel interface per the manufacturer instructions. Here is the pertinent portion: "Simply plug the interface inline between any Reef Brite™ LED unit and power supply, then plug the RJ45 cable into any available VR port on your APEX™ system." Also from the Quick Start Instructions Basic Set Up: "The interface plugs in between the XHO/LumiLite Pro/LumiLite and the power supply." Sounds good so far but WAIT there's more... the lights wont ramp up or down on either fixture. I checked wiring and verified against the manufacturer instructions and all the lights would do is barely turn on and occasionally flash. I checked and double checked Apex programming and no change. I spent the next day banging my head against the wall until it hit me... the inline dimmer switches that came with the fixtures... those are removable; and should be discarded when using the apex channel controller.

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean, it does say plug it "inline between any Reef Brite LED unit and power supply". I read that and understand it should be light, Apex module, power, which would exclude the dimmers.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back