OP
Nebnano

Nebnano

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Firefish, neon goby, Ocelaris clownfish, shrimp gobys, pajama cardinals, bangai Cardinals, chromis, yellowtail blue damselfish....

Any fish can jump if spooked enough. Their entire evolution has conditioned them to have the understanding that everything is water. Land is that stuff at the bottom of the water.
Yes that makes total sense. I'm really considering maybe making a glass top for my tank maybe. Or even going fishless. I did have one damsel in there but I found it a new home. It was always trying to cover the corals in sand and knock over my clean up crew

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes that makes total sense. I'm really considering maybe making a glass top for my tank maybe. Or even going fishless. I did have one damsel in there but I found it a new home. It was always trying to cover the corals in sand and knock over my clean up crew
Glass tops get covered in salt creep quickly and reduce par. The glass itself also works to reduce par and it reduces gas exchange. I'm not saying you can't use a glass top successfully, it's just that screen tops provide the same protection without the drawbacks, at least functionally. They might not look at nice as a clean glass top.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 41 51.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back