Fishes acclimating super quickly?

Alpha_and_Gec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have picked up 8 fish over the last three months to repopulate my tank. Strangely enough, every single one of them had begun to feed and swim in the open on the day of introduction/on the subsequent day. Is this normal? This has happened to:

engineer goby
cleaner wrasse
marginatus wrasse
unimaculatus foxface
valenciennea strigata(considered MIA since last week, not food - related but complications with water change. Maybe he'll pop back up.)
forcipiger flavissimus
red firefish

None of them hid in the rocks for more than half a day(full day for the engineer goby). I just added a firefish on my brother's request last night and he's out feeding this morning. Am I doing something wrong?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have picked up 8 fish over the last three months to repopulate my tank. Strangely enough, every single one of them had begun to feed and swim in the open on the day of introduction/on the subsequent day. Is this normal? This has happened to:

engineer goby
cleaner wrasse
marginatus wrasse
unimaculatus foxface
valenciennea strigata(considered MIA since last week, not food - related but complications with water change. Maybe he'll pop back up.)
forcipiger flavissimus
red firefish

None of them hid in the rocks for more than half a day(full day for the engineer goby). I just added a firefish on my brother's request last night and he's out feeding this morning. Am I doing something wrong?
it is not uncommon for fish to do well at first - and then for problems. Hopefully you will not have any!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

engineer goby
cleaner wrasse
marginatus wrasse
unimaculatus foxface
forcipiger flavissimus
red firefish

Im surprised the Red Firefish and Marginatus Wrasse didn’t go hiding for a couple of days however the others I’ve also found to be out and about within the first day of introduction.

If a fish feels safe, they do generally stay out. I’ve had this with several wrasses, rabbitfish, butterflies, etc. You aren’t doing anything wrong and instead seem to be doing something just fine :)

findingAqua

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems to be luck of the draw, ive had fish that are instantly swimming around, most surprisingly a juvenile fox fish, but then had others that have taken over a month to stop being skittish such as a purple firefish, his red buddy was out and about on day 1/2

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 90 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back