OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im with you. My sand bed HAS to be clean. I have a rake attachment That assists me with keeping it clean and neat. Take that pistol
Shrimp!

First time using it. Uv and wave makers offline. Wave makers pointed up.

OP
OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: big water change day, 30 gallons. Going to syphon the sand bed during change. What I thought was cyanobacteria on the sand bed is most likely diatoms all along.

Most likely silica getting pass the RO/DI unit before the filter changes and additional mixed bed resin was added.

Going to add some GFO to a reactor and wait it out.

Last resort will be lights out for three days.

OP
OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: been hard to post lately as my sister in law's grandson at age 7 passed away Wednesday morning from a seizure. So, me and the wife have been slowly getting back to some resemblance of normal lately. Has been hard on all the family.

I finally cleaned the glass and mixed up some water for a water change for tomorrow. That's all for now.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Sorry to hear of loss.
With the Diatoms, add .5 ml of hydrogen peroxide per 10 gallons daily at night before lights out. IT works and my corals are exploding and sandbed is white (see pic) PLUS I only have to clean glass about every 10 days opposed to 2-3 days.

1576363955047.png

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another picture of this beast:

DSC_0029.JPG

I've got to frag this soon. It's extended from front to back glass, with about two inch gap at the front glass. It growing on to the back glass!

See the white edges at the curls, that's growth! If it wasn't for Kalkwasser, I'd need a calcium reactor to keep up with it! Beast!
Thats an amazing piece ...wow...!!!
Another picture of this beast:

DSC_0029.JPG

I've got to frag this soon. It's extended from front to back glass, with about two inch gap at the front glass. It growing on to the back glass!

See the white edges at the curls, that's growth! If it wasn't for Kalkwasser, I'd need a calcium reactor to keep up with it! Beast!
Wow that's an amazing piece .wow !

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: been hard to post lately as my sister in law's grandson at age 7 passed away Wednesday morning from a seizure. So, me and the wife have been slowly getting back to some resemblance of normal lately. Has been hard on all the family.

I finally cleaned the glass and mixed up some water for a water change for tomorrow. That's all for now.
My sincere condolences too you and your family at this most difficult time...

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back