OP
OP
sebastiaan1985

sebastiaan1985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Change it in the apex dashboard that you access by typing in the ip address on the apex from your home network.
Change it there then unplug your apex for about 5 minutes, it will force fusion to make an update from the base unit.

Thanks for the reply! Just noticed that Fusion has added 3 reminders (for calibrating DOS), will this also get all 4 channels up and running normally?

OP
OP
sebastiaan1985

sebastiaan1985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tried the mentioned method for changing the dos-channels name, but did not succeed.
Was able to rename the channel, but graph is still off and also still just 3 reminders. (Will calibrate once there are more corals in the tank and dosing will start).

Last Monday I added two small clownfish, and two frags, Caulsastrea tumida and an Euphyllia (not sure either paradivisa or yaeyamaensis)
IMG_0800.JPG

IMG_0804.JPG

OP
OP
sebastiaan1985

sebastiaan1985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

been a while since the last update, but can let you all know that cycling is pretty much done.
No more ammonia, algae pretty much gone, just some cyano.. So happy reefer here!

Had some new additions, few frags and a Ramosus. Clam has been in tank a little longer, but was experimenting how to get colour right in pictures.
Finally used an old sunglass with my iPhone, will see if I can get my camera to work again.

Measurements:
pH: 8.15-8.25
kh: 5.77 (upped the dose, so slowly raise it to the required 8 according to Triton method)
PO4: 0.04
No3: 37
Ca: 473
Mg: 1400

Am using an iDip for measurements, have Hanna checkers as backup and will do a full comparison soon..

IMG_0820.JPG

IMG_0821.JPG

IMG_0822.JPG

IMG_0823.JPG

OP
OP
sebastiaan1985

sebastiaan1985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Past month with little changes, but have been struggling with a cyano outbreak (likely enhanced by the changing and unstable weather outside).

Finally got the DOS to appear correctly in Fusion and has been running flawlessly ever since. Just some finetuning of the dosing to keep Alkalinity stable, currently between 7 and 7.5, aiming to keep it between 7.9 and 8.2.
Nitrates are still a bit high at 28ppm, but phosphates are spot on at 0.03ppm.
So will keep phosphates low, preferably at this level and try to lower nitrates to around 5ppm.

Finally a screen on top, so no more carpet-surfing for my fish!

Screentop.png

OP
OP
sebastiaan1985

sebastiaan1985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So have been busy with maintenance this weekend; cleaned the sump, sandbed and redid my aquascape.
Now there should be some more flow within the tank, which should result in less cyano.

The cyano was getting less, but Friday it was a lot more. hard to pinpoint what might have triggered it. So for now I am feeding less, keep adding cyano-clean and remove as much cyano as a can on a daily basis.

Current parameters (using the Exact iDip):
Kh: 7.23
NO3: 33ppm
PO4: LOW
Ca: 438
Mg: High

Also added a few more corals and upped the CUC. Will shoot some photos when I am back home!

OP
OP
sebastiaan1985

sebastiaan1985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps this is useful as well, made some screenshots of my Fusion dashboard to show what I am running currently:

*little note; second energybar has not yet been named correctly, so have my ato running there and two reactors with Rowaphos/Al99 (alternating every three weeks) and Activ Carbon.

Apex main.JPG

mp10-left.JPG

mp10-right.JPG

radion.JPG

OP
OP
sebastiaan1985

sebastiaan1985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank has been improving the past couple of days.. Have been more on top of maintenance, cleaning the skimmer cup and neck daily and also stirring up the sand to get excess detritus out of my system. This has been collecting in my sump, so will use a potfilter to get it out of the system.

And got some new additions, ordered some nice LPS from www.whitecorals.com.
Shipment was received well, nicely packed and with three heatpacks; all frags were double packed and the lot of them in an bigger bag that completely filled the Styrofoam box.

Nitrates are dropping, cleaning the pump for the reactor must have helped (got some cheato stuck which I did not notice earlier). Now I will have to increase alkalinity and keep it stable, although it has changed about 0.5 dKh a day. It is still a little lower than I would like.
Since Ca and Mg are already a bit high, I decided to just increase alk on its own.

Purple Blastomussa Wellsi:
IMG_0961.JPG

Red Wine Acanthastrea:
IMG_0962.JPG

Ricordea Yuma:

IMG_0963.JPG

Mud Racer Lobophyllia:
IMG_0964.JPG

10 Cerith snails:
IMG_0965.JPG

OP
OP
sebastiaan1985

sebastiaan1985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, my tank is not looking very good at the moment... Have been battling what I initially thought was cyano... But after 4 weeks of treatment with KZ Cyanoclean and no improvement, I really started to doubt the initial diagnosis.
So as I learned from the other thread, these are dino's (most likely Prorocentrum). Since I started with dead rock, I most likely went to fast and now have to pay the price. Patience does go a long way...

Last Friday I started what seems to be proper treatment for this. Nutrients have been near zero/undetectable for a week or two, which seems to counteract the treatment, so increased feeding a bit. Nutrients are now at a slightly elevated level (NO3 is 19ppm, PO4 at 0.08 ppm)
Putting a filter sock in the sump each night and with a turkey blaster I am cleaning the rocks and sand. I repeat this in the morning (and let the filter sock run for about 20 mins), than I take the filter sock out.

Besides this, also some positives, I received my RFG, so will be installing as soon as I have some time to upgrade my loc line (measured wrong, so will upgrade to 1/2"to fit the RFG).

photo6037151635400141545.jpg

photo6037151635400141544.jpg

photo6046151752253811236.jpg

algae3.jpg

algae2.jpg

algae1.jpg

OP
OP
sebastiaan1985

sebastiaan1985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

is has been a while since my last post in this thread, been battling with the dino's. And looks like I have finally won, keeping nitrates and phosphates elevated seems to have done the trick.
So I slowly started rebuilding, which was supported by the kids having fun at the LFS.

This Sunday we added:
- 2 cleaner shrimp (being picked on by Foxface)
- feather duster (already lost, due to green wrasse)
- duncan (being picked on by Foxface)
- blasto wellsi (red)
- white leather (species needs to be confirmed)
- Euphyllia yaeyamensis (very nice bright green/yellow)

And we also set up my QT as a Nano, especially for the kids. So we added 10Lbs of live rock in the cube and it is now starting to cycle. They will be responsible, with my to supervise and assist. Guess it is a great way for them to prove they are responsible.

Conclusion is that while the kids are waiting for their tank to cycle, I will redo my fish stocking, green wrasse and foxface will go and make room.

Will probably add:
- 3 Pyama cardinals
- 2 species of wrasse: Scarlet Pin Stripe Wrasse and/or Ruby Longfin Fairy Wrasse

Any input is welcomed!!

OP
OP
sebastiaan1985

sebastiaan1985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly, I had to let the Foxface go... So he is now back at the LFS and is ready for a bigger home.
Did get three pyjama Cardinals in return, so that makes me happy.

All recent additions are doing well, time for some pictures (which I will make once I get back home from work).

Funny incident, one of my cats jumped on top of the tank (on the mesh top, which I now have to fix). Hope they learned their lesson :)

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 50 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 37 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back