OP
OP
ReefKnight2

ReefKnight2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I set up the Cube 20 yesterday morning. In the early afternoon, I received a call from the company stating that the Haddoni anemone was in no shape to ship. They anticipated it would likely be a DOA if they shipped it. I appreciated their honesty and that they did not ship something they knew was unhealthy. A refund was issued. Now I have the tank running and am considering turning it into an RBTA tank.

Eric Cohen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I set up the Cube 20 yesterday morning. In the early afternoon, I received a call from the company stating that the Haddoni anemone was in no shape to ship. They anticipated it would likely be a DOA if they shipped it. I appreciated their honesty and that they did not ship something they knew was unhealthy. A refund was issued. Now I have the tank running and am considering turning it into an RBTA tank.
I don’t have any saddles right now either but do have some nice ritteri which would be a nice choice too.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haddon's is a known fish eater as noted.

Acidrain50001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pink carpet now for 2 years in it's own tank with 2 clowns. I feed shrimp and cubes of scallops from the fish section at Walmart 1-2 times a week. When it's hungry it stretches out really far and keeps the tentacles extended. I put a 6" ceramic flower pot in the tank with it and it's been living in that pot for over a year now and it will roll it around the tank under the lights and out and never leaves the pot kind of funny. It was a nice pink when I first got it and have slowly ramped up the lighting from 300 to now 700 PAR. She is now so florescent pink even with a flashlight at night the pink pops. When I had the lighting lower it was always reaching for the light with the tentacles far reaching so I kept ramping them up until it lays flat and you can tell is happy. It will roll the pot at night but when the lights come on it rolls right back under the lighting. Hope that helps some.

Urban Reefer Detroit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a Green Haddoni Carpet Anemone (5-9”) that will arrive soon. It was a bit of an impulse buy once I saw they had them in stock and on sale. I’ve considered adding one for a while but never jumped on it. The system is a WB220.6, with established soft, LPS, and SPS corals. I have encountered various forms, with folks saying carpet anemones need extreme care and others saying they are more manageable. I am no newbie to the reefing hobby, but I would not rate myself as a "pro" either.

I am looking for any advice anyone with carpet anemones would be willing to share!

I know of the intense sting, ability to walk around, and risk posed to fish. I am looking for advice on general care to keep it happy.

Tank Specs:

WB220.6
4x AI Primes (I could install two more that I have on hand, but I haven't at this point)
UV 60 Watt
Nyos 160 skimmer
ReefMat 1200
Refugium
Automatic water change system (Neptune Dos) 20gal/week changed
Automatic ATO resivior filler and ATO
Kalwasser 24hr drip dosing via Echotech Versa
Dual reactor (GFO & Carbon ready)
Flow 1x ReefWave 45, 2x MP40 sized wavemakers
Apex monitoring

Tank Age:
The tank originated as a 75-gallon cube that operated for over a year. Contents from the 75-gallon were moved into this system seven months ago as I wanted to upgrade to a larger volume tank. The system is mature and covered in coralline and biodiversity.

Testing:
Salinity 1.025
Temp 77-78
Calcium 440
Magnesium 1500
Alkalinity 9.5
pH 8.0-8.1
Nitrate 20
Phosphate 0.10

Screen Shot 2023-03-30 at 2.32.22 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-30 at 2.31.59 PM.png Screen Shot 2023-03-30 at 2.41.27 PM.png
Bee utiful

Jason boles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have two in a 180 mixed reef.

I target feed my guys around 2-3 times a week.

I put them in 3+ inches of sand that I piled in a corner and made a barrier. They have about 2’ x 2’ area each in my tank to move around and be trapped.

For me it is about separation from my BTA which seem to be attracted to it and they like to sit and sting each other.

Anything it touches gets stung bad. Even BTA. So I stack the rocks higher as it grows on the side it can stretch toward coral.

My green 5-9 inch haddonni is now 20+ inches if it wants to be 1 year later.

My blue / yellow one is huge but rarely extends out that far.

Once happy they do not move in my experience.

They like enough flow so that they can make themselves a pancake and things will fly off, but not so much they can’t lay down their skirt.

Flow is why mine walk around. I have good lights and never measured par, but I turned em ip bright. My green one gets sun in the morning before lights even come on!!

Huge monsters. They eat more than any of my fish.

I was terrified to get fish and did not for 9 months. Then algae. Since I have gotten many fish for various needs and they all seem to know not to touch them.

I got one sick one that ended up on the green one and it ate it. Besides that I have accounted for all the other dead fish.

Carpets -1

Reefer -4

Just sayin. Lol.

Some horribly blue recent pics
IMG_1097.jpeg
IMG_1095.jpeg

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost a lot of fish to one in a 180g mixed reef. I would not put one in a mixed reef with larger active swimming fish again.
I did however see this one in the lfs a while back and I couldn't resist. Tank is 24"x20" and was bare bottom but I added sand so I could house the nem. Fish in the tank are smaller and not what I would call active swimmers and I haven't had any causalities. The clarkii took to it in less than an hour.
20230814_102322.jpg

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 49 41.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 10.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 28.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back