Help corals dying?

Privateye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing wrong with getting your LFS to double-check your chemistry. If your chemistry is good, your Purigen isn't old, and you are seeing necrosis, then it might be a pathogen. Some pathogens can be controlled/eliminated with UV.

If you can remove the frags and do the Melafix/iodine bath I did in my thread (with the power head) then I'd do that. I didn't see any more necrosis after that point. Make sure to have a powerhead blowing on them in the bath if they have tissue or goo sloughing off. Best of luck on this. I'm sure you'll get it under control, but it's a matter of what you can save along the way.

OP
OP
ReefBud508

ReefBud508

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing wrong with getting your LFS to double-check your chemistry. If your chemistry is good, your Purigen isn't old, and you are seeing necrosis, then it might be a pathogen. Some pathogens can be controlled/eliminated with UV.

If you can remove the frags and do the Melafix/iodine bath I did in my thread (with the power head) then I'd do that. I didn't see any more necrosis after that point. Make sure to have a powerhead blowing on them in the bath if they have tissue or goo sloughing off. Best of luck on this. I'm sure you'll get it under control, but it's a matter of what you can save along the way.
i might even just have it sent out to be tested its a thought i get it .....so a regular reef dip would suffice? or do i have to add the other product? i can tell everything else is ok i already lost others its just these 3 last chalices doesn't look like i can save them kinda a bummer they were so healthy i do believe it was something in the water parameters at one point something went walked

King Turkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you said you have stringy stuff coming off the chalice?
aww ya brown stringy stuff... thats dinos most likely. If the chalice is receding. sweepers are clear white in my experience. having zero phosphate and nitrate bad things happen like dinos..

King Turkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
some photos with out tank blue lights on clear white lights up close on the chalice might help better ID

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back