Issues setting up bashsea bioreactor

Ks4726

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I also upgraded to an alita air pump. I noticed a big difference in air flow and its the quietest pump I've ever heard. Unfortunate there isn't alot of info on these reactors out there. I had a lot of trial and error on this thing.

Attachments

• 20230507_180509.jpg
    20230507_180509.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 17

Zeeter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to slice the airline house and jam it in. Don't forget to use check valves because water can get backed up once the reactor is off and gets turned back on. Also, it can come out the two ports on top of the lid as well.if it doesn't sit high enough
I heated up the end of the hose in some hot water and then used brute force to get it on there.

Weird thing now is that it keeps getting airlocked. Gurgles a bit, the media goes up or down, and then it clears. I turned down the water flow to about 70% and the gurgle isn't as bad, but then I'm not sure it's enough flow.

Ks4726

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I heated up the end of the hose in some hot water and then used brute force to get it on there.

Weird thing now is that it keeps getting airlocked. Gurgles a bit, the media goes up or down, and then it clears. I turned down the water flow to about 70% and the gurgle isn't as bad, but then I'm not sure it's enough flow.
I also put in a piece 3/16 air hose into the drilled hole in the stand pipe. The that helps silence mine a bit. My airline piece is like 8 inches or so.

Ks4726

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
And I also attached 3/8 airline to the two barbs in the lid as well and run them back into the sump. Like I said, when mine shuts off, and refills, water shoots out all those holes for a second. I'm assuming since my reactor is in the stand it's not high enough.

Zeeter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also put in a piece 3/16 air hose into the drilled hole in the stand pipe. The that helps silence mine a bit. My airline piece is like 8 inches or so.

I believe what happened was the pump was running too strong. It was raising the waterline in the output above the perpendicular output pipe and so no air could get in. Eventually enough air would get down there that it would gurgle a bit and release. This was nearly constant up and down.

When I set the pump to the lowest setting it stopped doing this.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back