lighting schedule question?

NauticalMiles1010

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im setting up a Red Sea Reefer XLL 625, The tank is 59 x 25 x 24. Iv'e ordered one reef bright 48' hybrid kit from BRS, and also ordered two Radion xr30.
Im trying to figure out a lighting schedule for my Mixed reef. Im usually home at 3 PM and go at 10 PM. do you guys know what lighting schedule will work best for me?

Thanks!

Tundra Cuttle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What sort of intensity are you planning to have? What corals are you planning? With a lower intensity you should increase photoperiod. Probably don't go under 8hrs. Set your schedule so the tank is on when you are there to look at it, maybe have it come on 2 hrs before you get home if you want to see all the corals open when you arrive. Or if you like to see everything start opening then shift it accordingly.

OP
OP
NauticalMiles1010

NauticalMiles1010

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What sort of intensity are you planning to have? What corals are you planning? With a lower intensity you should increase photoperiod. Probably don't go under 8hrs. Set your schedule so the tank is on when you are there to look at it, maybe have it come on 2 hrs before you get home if you want to see all the corals open when you arrive. Or if you like to see everything start opening then shift it accordingly.
I am planing at running the Radions at 72 percent. and the reef brights at 80 percent.
it is going to be a mixed reef tank with soft corals like Zoa's on the bottom, bigger LPS in the middle and at the top of the scape SPS like Montipora, Birds nest, and Acropora.

Thanks!!!!

Tundra Cuttle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am planing at running the Radions at 72 percent. and the reef brights at 80 percent.
it is going to be a mixed reef tank with soft corals like Zoa's on the bottom, bigger LPS in the middle and at the top of the scape SPS like Montipora, Birds nest, and Acropora.

Thanks!!!!
Sounds like 8hrs will be good I think that puts you in the high light category up at the top of the tank and medium on the sand bed. Might have to stay away from any lowlight corals unless you can find a solution for shade.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 64 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back