New fish introductions

ReeferDave01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have main established 6 month tank that's 250g with about 20 happy fish. When I introduce new fish it's 50/50 chance they get bullied by my Niger trigger and yellow tang. Then next morning my new fish is MIA. So what's the best way to introduce new fish to established tank so the new fish survive? I have plenty of rock and caves but still have issues.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

LBehr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Dad has a sheet of acrylic that he'll stick in to separate new fish from trouble makers for first week or so

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even a piece of eggcrate, the type they use for overhead light diffusers, can work wonders here, if your aquascaping is designed to allow a temporary divider.

A social acclimation box can be as easily sourced and inexpensive as a "Kritter Keeper", which is available at most pet shops.

In an emergency, a mirror placed against the glass at one end can help a lot, and some folks recommend setting some aquarium nets in your rockwork, handle-down and bag-up.

~Bruce

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 29.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back