christianscorals

Water Bender
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is my true, real deal weeping willow. nothing comes close to it.

Attachments

• A6C9B8DC-2DDB-4D6C-B411-EF0D54532362.jpeg
    A6C9B8DC-2DDB-4D6C-B411-EF0D54532362.jpeg
    182.6 KB · Views: 122

RyanN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is my true, real deal weeping willow. nothing comes close to it.
I have TCN weeping willow, aquacorals weeping willow and Whitlyn aquatics weeping willow and you're correct mine are nothing close to that. Nice coral! Will you frag it someday? If you do I'd love a frag.

08TRDOFFROAD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey. that’s one of my babies! this is the momma. i have some frags if anyone is interested. although the polyps are longer than a traditional toadstool, this is not a true weeping willow. though it is rare to come across, i would consider it more as a cousin to the willow.
That is beautiful!

OP
OP
jtone_philthy_aquatics

jtone_philthy_aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i apologize for leaving y’all hanging on this thread! I got home tonight and snapped a few shots just as the lights were going out for the night. Keep in mind the radion and both ai primes are only displaying blue spec during this photo. Under full spec during the day this weeping willow has a very nice creamy color overall but up near the polyps under full spec you can see hints of oranges where the polyp hands meet the long strands. Sorry to keep y’all waiting!

(pls ignore the dirty glass and the cyano rocks at the bottom I swear I’m doing a deep clean right after I give ya these updated photos)

IMG_7648.jpeg
IMG_7631.jpeg
IMG_7651.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7649.jpeg
    IMG_7649.jpeg
    244.7 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_7638.jpeg
    IMG_7638.jpeg
    175.6 KB · Views: 42
OP
OP
jtone_philthy_aquatics

jtone_philthy_aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey. that’s one of my babies! this is the momma. i have some frags if anyone is interested. although the polyps are longer than a traditional toadstool, this is not a true weeping willow. though it is rare to come across, i would consider it more as a cousin to the willow.
No I didn’t purchase this from you this is bahamalamas lineage

OP
OP
jtone_philthy_aquatics

jtone_philthy_aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those original pics I posted weren’t a great example initially due to how small that frag actually was. I won’t argue whether this is the OG or not because I don’t have any way of truly proving that. I called it that and I was super excited about it because it came from the line bahama lama sold at 1-2 swaps here in Missouri (st Louis) he documented that on his channel. One of the dudes that bought one of his frags grew it out for a while and later on down the road I got one of the 2 lil frags he brought to that last St. Louis swap. I considered it a real og mainly because there was so much hype built up online about bl having the real thing. Ik reef builders spoke on it and some other YouTubers were hyped about it so…. Idk lol. Tbh after all the years I’ve been keeping tanks I just like the fact that this specific lineage has a bit of a story behind it here in the states. Thats good enough for me. If it isn’t the real thing then it’s not lol… oh well

OP
OP
jtone_philthy_aquatics

jtone_philthy_aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here’s a few daytime photos of the toadstool when it was still pretty new. I should’ve waited until tm to post some full spec pics
IMG_7658.png
IMG_7657.png

08TRDOFFROAD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i apologize for leaving y’all hanging on this thread! I got home tonight and snapped a few shots just as the lights were going out for the night. Keep in mind the radion and both ai primes are only displaying blue spec during this photo. Under full spec during the day this weeping willow has a very nice creamy color overall but up near the polyps under full spec you can see hints of oranges where the polyp hands meet the long strands. Sorry to keep y’all waiting!

(pls ignore the dirty glass and the cyano rocks at the bottom I swear I’m doing a deep clean right after I give ya these updated photos)

IMG_7648.jpeg
IMG_7631.jpeg
IMG_7651.jpeg
Very nice!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.6%
Back