Status
Not open for further replies.

Jose Mayo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a legion of free-living zooxanthellae on coral reefs, which are bi-flagellated, like any dinoflagellate of the genus Symbiodinium sp, and swim like any dinoflagellate. But the zooxanthelae that enter the host lose the flagellum, and when they are expelled, they can no longer swim while, perhaps, it does not recompose the flagellum. Ciliates swim well and catch them easily, such as collecting eggs.

The process of expulsion of zooxanthellae from coral tissues (coral bleaching) is a physiological and coral dependent process, since they are trapped in their tissues. This only occurs if the coral is alive. If the coral dies without expelling the zooxanthellae, they will remain trapped in their necrotic tissues and also die, trapped there.

When RTN occurs, zooxanthelae are not expelled and whitening of coral tissues does not occur! So much so that the rags of coral tissue, which detach from the skeleton, remain colorful.

Regards
Something about free-living zooxanthellae and its role in coral reefs, to instruct our knowledge:

(PDF) Free-living zooxanthellae: Behavior, ecology and importance on the coral reef

Regards

Thales

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Viva La Evidence -- a parody of Coldplay's Viva La Vida - a song all about evidence based healthcare, but applies very well to aquarism -- a little bit about the history of evidence and then the key principles. Hope you like it.

Regards

This is fantastic. Thanks.
Have you heard the science album from They Might Be Giants?

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Viva La Evidence -- a parody of Coldplay's Viva La Vida - a song all about evidence based healthcare, but applies very well to aquarism -- a little bit about the history of evidence and then the key principles. Hope you like it.

Regards

Simply outstanding! I love it! Thanks for sharing.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is fantastic. Thanks.
Have you heard the science album from They Might Be Giants?

Great band. Great album. Fan since '85.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Regards

OK so those of you who haven't viewed this video - its is by far the best (besides I like Coldplay though my guess is they are not singing). - explanation of what is important here.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Regards

Thanks Jose!
Unfortunately some of us still prefer to get our exercise by jumping to conclusions and flying off the handle! LoL have a great and productive day everyone.
It is good to see some posted results to the Dr. claims. That is what I was asking for. So this doctor has not learned the cautionary tale of Dr. Bruce Halstead. To bad.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It is good to see some posted results to the Dr. claims. That is what I was asking for. So this doctor has not learned the cautionary tale of Dr. Bruce Halstead. To bad.

What claims of the doctor were posted - did I miss some?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
oh where the claims were debunked? sorry not gonna waste time to go back - I've been here a while lol:). I just wanted to Make sure there wasnt some post that suggested that this product worked as described. well actually in saying that - I believe it acts as described. I meant as a cure for RTN

Ericsalt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think my tank is not bad and i always controll everything i can do

but few months ago my friend five me a frag and it RTN after two days

i have very long time not see RTN but i dont do anything just think the frag is sick

but my tank start to stn some sps die and the body become green (trust me i know that isnt algae)

so i see the DR. on facebook and buy some from him

first i want to say that is not really danger for fish

i use 6 times just when first time i lost Acanthurus leucosternon

but just that one i think maybe is when i turn off my skimmer i dont use airstone

so i use airstone i don`t lost any fish include Achilles

second i talk to DR usually i notice one thing

when i ask him if i get RTN/STN

can i stop it by make big water change? (in my experience that will work , but i dont tell DR that)

he say that is possible

so...if he just want to take my money i trust he will say that isnt work just need PRIME Coral right?

if you ask me does it work in my tank

i must say i dont know that

because i use PURGE and intercept at the same time

i make big water change after all the thing and change my aquascape

i think my tank is good now

so if you doubt it i think you can try it

sorry about my poor english

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
oh where the claims were debunked? sorry not gonna waste time to go back - I've been here a while lol:). I just wanted to Make sure there wasnt some post that suggested that this product worked as described. well actually in saying that - I believe it acts as described. I meant as a cure for RTN
Re-reading my post above it makes no sense. What I was trying to say was 'WERE the claims debunked, not Where'. I also meant to say - "I just wanted to make sure there wasn't some post that suggested this product worked as described - i.e. a cure for RTN'. It apparently kills ciliates.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i think my tank is not bad and i always controll everything i can do

but few months ago my friend five me a frag and it RTN after two days

i have very long time not see RTN but i dont do anything just think the frag is sick

but my tank start to stn some sps die and the body become green (trust me i know that isnt algae)

so i see the DR. on facebook and buy some from him

first i want to say that is not really danger for fish

i use 6 times just when first time i lost Acanthurus leucosternon

but just that one i think maybe is when i turn off my skimmer i dont use airstone

so i use airstone i don`t lost any fish include Achilles

second i talk to DR usually i notice one thing

when i ask him if i get RTN/STN

can i stop it by make big water change? (in my experience that will work , but i dont tell DR that)

he say that is possible

so...if he just want to take my money i trust he will say that isnt work just need PRIME Coral right?

if you ask me does it work in my tank

i must say i dont know that

because i use PURGE and intercept at the same time

i make big water change after all the thing and change my aquascape

i think my tank is good now

so if you doubt it i think you can try it

sorry about my poor english

I'm surprised that water changes are supposed to help 'RTN' if its caused by a protozoan - so I'm really surprised that the Dr. Agreed with you also.
PS - Did you use the 'dip' or the 'whole tank method' of Prime? What is Purge? Is that a dip or the whole tank? I assume Intercept was a dip also? Thanks for answering

Ericsalt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm surprised that water changes are supposed to help 'RTN' if its caused by a protozoan - so I'm really surprised that the Dr. Agreed with you also.
PS - Did you use the 'dip' or the 'whole tank method' of Prime? What is Purge? Is that a dip or the whole tank? I assume Intercept was a dip also? Thanks for answering

i guess that mean parasites in the whole water so if i make bug water change can decrease it

so not too much parasites and sps can resist it (i guess)

i use "stop RTN" out the tank for few frags to stop stn three times the frags stop but as i told i make many thing at the same time

and i use "prevent RTN " to whole tank every three days and make six times

purge is something i saw on R2R for flatworm you can search "UWC" i use whole tank too that cost one month

because taiwan can`t buy "intercept" so we use something with the same "milbemycin" that is for whole tank too...

all the three done on one month so many days i use them at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 91 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back