Recommendations on new fish.

Gbailey28

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am fairly new to salt water I am currently upgrading my 50gal tank to a 125gal tank. I am using the RedSea Reef Mature program to cycle my tank, on day 14 they say to add 1 herbivorous fish for every 100 liters. I am looking for suggestions on what type of fish would be best. I currently have 2 clowns, 1 Yellow Tang 1 hawk fish and a couple of shrimp. Which will all be added to the 125. My anticipation when I started this tank was to have a few tangs(Sailfin,Naso,Hippo) and a couple Angels Rabbit Fish and Wrasse's any suggestions would be appreciated.

Husker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm doing something similar in upgrading a 40 gallon to a 150. I am also wondering about when to add new livestock to the new tank. Would it be okay to add another tang after adding the yellow tang to the new tank?

OP
OP
G

Gbailey28

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think so. I think you run into a issue if they are of the same species.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm doing something similar in upgrading a 40 gallon to a 150. I am also wondering about when to add new livestock to the new tank. Would it be okay to add another tang after adding the yellow tang to the new tank?
Mostly, yes. Achilles, sohal, and clown tangs will be problematic. Nasos and hippos will outgrow that tank.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.1%
Back