SECRET SANTA 2022 is LIVE!!! Register HERE!!

Waboss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
  1. What country are you located in? USA
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Bubble Magus Small Filter rolls!
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Work on my tank of course! Outside of that, hiking, visiting new LFS's, and watching Raven's football.
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Collecting Japanese Godzilla memorbilia, Doctor Who, 3D printing, racing cars (legally at a track of course).
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? When the weather's nice, a good cigar and drink on the deck.
  6. Do you collect anything? Yep, more than I should. As noted above, Japanese Godzilla stuff, Doctor Who stuff, and corals of course!
  7. What is your favorite color? Red
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? TV show - Doctor Who / Movie - Captain Ron! (yeah I know...what????)
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Mostly hair bands and EDM (what a mix right?)
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? Baltimore Ravens
  11. What's your favorite fish? Red Sea Regal Angel
  12. Favorite coral? Any fuzzy SPS
  13. Favorite invert? Any that will work and do their job! haha!
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? Currently have a 40B, about to be a 60B. Mixed reef with mostly Euphillia and fuzzy SPS
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Yep, going from a 40B to a 60B.
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Torches moving in the flow, fish buzzing around, I guess I like it all!
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? I'm a gadget nerd, so new tech it pretty cool.
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) DC power head or gyre-like gear, Hydros accessories (leak detector, dosing pump, water level sensors, control cables, etc.), ICE super glue (always need that!), fragging stuff, or really anything reefing related.
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* No........weather and holiday shipping is too unpredictable.
  20. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) Not at this time

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Secret Santa Questionnaire:
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Hanna PO4/alk/ca/mg regents, nopox, ab+, trident test regents, BRS ALK/CA/MG
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? I work most weekends (retail) but when off, Fish stuff, visit kids/grandkids, go to local fish stores, spend time with hubby
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Knitting/crocheting, machine embroidery, Lemax xmas village for xmas, cricut related, quilting, and too many more I dabble in or want to learn!
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Veg in front of computer or TV with knitting/crocheting, playing with digital planner (learning how to do!)
  6. Do you collect anything? Lemax xmas village stuff, love cats so cat related stuff,
  7. What is your favorite color? Pink and blue
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Harry Potter, Bridgerton, Pride & Prejudice (colin firth version), Midsomer Mysteries
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Mostly new age
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? Ugh No!
  11. What's your favorite fish? Anthias
  12. Favorite coral? Wavy corals (not softies except weeping willow): duncans, elegance, torches etc. Even SPS like tenius with lots of PE
  13. Favorite invert? Nems, my silly cucumber Dave, hermits are entertaining and irritating! Urchins
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? 240g RS 3xl 900. 13 months old (upgrade) with 26ish fish and SPS and LPS, RS E170 45g clown/nem/damsel tank, 40 gal freshwater for grandkids (with blue betta name blueberry the 3rd lol's)
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Would like to add 1 or 2 more mp40's down low to help keep sand clean (have 2 RS 45's at each end and 2 mp40's mid back), Neptune auto feeder. Find a fish trap that will trap 6 staghorn damsels...
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Fish and the duncans, goni, and PE of my acros moving in the flow. I also love seeing the growth and encrusting
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? Seeing growth, watching "dead" corals come back to life, watching algae die.....
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Anything in #2 (PO HI 713, NO3 HI782, ALK HI772, coffee or tea mugs, fish trap that will work to catch 6 staghorn damsels (3/4 inch glass), Christmas Ornaments-fish-cats, Lemax people, animals, teas, fish art for walls, handmade gifts, phone lens wide angle (have the colored filter one), great white algae free glass scraper (have 3/4" glass, Neptune fish feeder
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Sure. As long as person sending is experienced in packaging (heat packs etc. Just corals. LPS (torch, hammers etc, goni's), a True Weeping Willow, or higher end SPS's with lots of PE. Love tenius and colorful SPS.
  20. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) Allergies. I have none.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  1. What country are you located in?
    1. United States
  2. What is one thing you always need more of?
    1. filter socks ... while I wash them, if the weather isn't nice or I can find some excuse I'll toss dirty socks in a bin... don't like to wash them in machine machine but if they are ALL in there... buying these always feels like guilty pleasure of buying time lol
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends?
    1. computer games
    2. home remodeling
      1. its a 'fixer upper' we got a deal
      2. BF says this should be moved up to number one lol
    3. romantic walks thru fish stores (or alone)
    4. special dinner - usually out or might be shrimp at home
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests?
    1. macroalgae
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work?
    1. watch my fish
    2. evening movie or TV
  6. Do you collect anything?
    1. not any longer
  7. What is your favorite color?
    1. pink - any pink - pale pink to hot pink
    2. turquoise blue (mixed with pink)
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again?
    1. TV: Big Bang Theory, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Ridiculousness
    2. movies: Dodgeball, Bad Teacher, Elf, Tombstone, Guardians of the Galaxy
  9. What type of music do you listen to?
    1. all music but mostly rock
  10. Do you follow any sports teams?
    1. not any longer but used to love hockey and football
  11. What's your favorite fish?
    1. tiara anthias for its pink and shimmery iridescent colors
    2. salmon to eat
    3. long nose hawkfish to watch
      1. do not have one and no current plans for one
  12. Favorite coral?
    1. colorful, healthy and growing
    2. pink gonipora (soothing, almost meditative to watch it sway)
    3. rainbow infusion zoas - tiny frags grew into gorgeous colonies and frag backs are all around DFW
  13. Favorite invert?
    1. today voting for skunk cleaner shrimp because its always out
    2. for eating - Maryland Blue Crabs - YUMMY!
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread?
    1. Yes build threads, also refer signature line
    2. 180 gallon - mixed reef
    3. 60 gallon - FOWLR with CBB fish friends (no CBB these days)
    4. Dabble with tiny tanks for macro algaes, pod cultures, berghia
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)?
    1. aquasculptures in both tanks
    2. 60 gallon would like planted refugium on it as well
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank?
    1. fish
    2. corals
    3. fish
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over?
    1. spending time learning from other hobbyists
    2. attending events and gatherings
    3. organizing events and gatherings for local hobby club
      1. so Spring LFS bus tour is like a bar crawl to LFSs... FUN!!
      2. bus motto: "can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning!"
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.)
    1. pale blue fish room towels
    2. aquaculture ideas and/or supplies
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*
    1. no don't stress the animals
    2. TX shipping is lousy year round - worse at holiday times
  20. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.)
    1. Favorite snacks
      1. anything milk chocolate and bonus if almonds &/or caramel
    2. no relevant allergies

Squeaky McMurdo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I accidentally backspaced while answering a question and now questionaire won’t copy and paste properly for me without me starting over so I apologize

Sand and rock. I’ll hopefully be putting my 125 gallon tank back up next year so I would be thrilled with getting those
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Hang out with my family and ride my horses
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? I keep freshwater US native fish too. Horses, goats, sheep and Jack Russell Terriers
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Watching tv
  6. Do you collect anything? Animals apparently. I like pretty rocks. Either painted or naturally occurring prettiness
  7. What is your favorite color? Turquoise
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Dr Who, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter
  9. What type of music do you listen to? My playlist is very eclectic with everything from Country to Pop to traditional Icelandic and Celtic
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? Does my kids’ 4H team count?
  11. What's your favorite fish? Foxface
  12. Favorite coral? Honestly, the easy tank weeks like Xenia and Green Star Polyps
  13. Favorite invert? Tuxedo Urchin
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? I have a build thread, but had to take down my big tank since we moved and are in a trailer while we build. I have a 5 gallon with a yellowtail blue damsel in it because I was unable to rehome her and she’s doing well and seems happy.
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Yes! I’m setting my big tank back up this year. I might need to replace the return pump.
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? My tuxedo urchin and blue leg hermits wandering the rocks.
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? I enjoy sitting back and watching once a tank is well-established and doesn’t need constant babysitting
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Dry reef rock, sand, artificial corals to mix in with my real ones to make it look fuller, Petco gift card
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* No. my post office is not reliable lately. They mark things delivered as soon as they go through the door but sometimes don’t actually put it in my box for days afterwards. Snails and crabs could probably hack it and I’m open to that because I need more, but nothing delicate.
  20. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.)

unchaotic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  1. What country are you located in? USA, North Dakota
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Time, All for Reef, Citric Acid, Super Glue
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Cook nicer meals, Work on my house, maintain aquariums, train dogs
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? I am a hobby freak, Dog Agility, Cooking, Woodworking (furniture, cabinets, woodturning, etc), Painting, Curling (winter sport), Researching and buying supplies for hobbies I'll probably never actually get around to doing.
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Two things I rarely experience; relaxation and boredom.
  6. Do you collect anything? Aquariums and supplies (more likely to eventually sell them then set them up), Cooking equipment, Hobby items I've made but not yet managed to sell (game calls and pens in particular), and I have a sad little SPS graveyard on my desk at work.
  7. What is your favorite color? Cerulean Blue (kinda like I'm using here)
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Aliens (1986) and Demon Slayer (anime)
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Mostly rock. I like Puscifer, A Perfect Circle, Twenty One Pilots, Highly Suspect, Nine Inch Nails
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? Minnesota Vikings
  11. What's your favorite fish? That I have, Naso Tang or Mandarin. That I want, Mystery Wrasse and a mythical collection of beautiful Angel Fish that won't eat my corals.
  12. Favorite coral? SPS and euphyllia, bonus points for those that don't die in my tank (I'm looking at you fancy SPS).
  13. Favorite invert? My tuxedo urchin but I'm also fond of stomatella snails.
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? 60 gallon mixed reef, this is where most of my fish are located. In my office at work I have a NUVO 40 AIO with SPS, Euphyllia, and a spreading carpet of GSP. My wife has a 15 gallon bowfront that crashed this summer. It's currently home to snails and softies and is looking very nice.
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Hoping to transfer my 60 to a 125 for the sake of my growing Naso Tang. We may move next year and I'm hoping to get a NUVO 200 INT if that happens. We are also going to be upgrading my wife's 15g to a 28 JBJ AIO in a few weeks.
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? The colors and PE on SPS and the movement of Euphyllia and softies.
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? Adding more coral, and actually finding spots for the coral so I can get frag racks out of my displays. I also love learning new things and trying DIY upgrades (hobby freak).
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Decor for around the tank. A unique looking cooking knife. All-For-Reef powder. Dosing pump. Maybe a fish trap for my upcoming livestock relocations.
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* No unfortunately, I don't trust winter shipping to rural North Dakota.

Last edited:

HiBRiD109

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Time/Money lol
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Spend time with family and friends
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Motorcycle (Harley), Backpacking, Family, Video Games
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Scroll through Reddit, admire tank, play xbox
  6. Do you collect anything? I don't but my oldest son has just found a thing called Legos lol (just as expensive as reefing!)
  7. What is your favorite color? Black
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? The Office, House M.D., any Christopher Nolan movies (Interstellar, Inception, Tenet, Batman Trilogy)
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Anything really depending on mood. Kinda of a metalhead but I really listen to anything from Lofi Hip/Hop, 90s funk, to Modern Country.
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? Iowa Hawkeye Football
  11. What's your favorite fish? Clown fish
  12. Favorite coral? Torch LPS or Acro SPS
  13. Favorite invert? Cleaner shrimp
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? I currently have a 24g Cube. 2 clown fish, mix coral, and some snails and crabs. My build though I haven't updated in a while.
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? In my next house, I would like to upgrade to something big like a 90-120g, though I want something rimless for that modern clean look.
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? My clowns hosting the toadstool leather and hammer.
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? Just talking with another person in-person over the hobby and science related stuff. DIY and gadgets/tech.
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) I guess some BRS 2-part in 1 gallon pouches would be nice. My oldest son loves legos that I enjoy watching and helping him build. A Micro reactor or refugium would be pretty cool.
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Maybe? It's very cold here in upper Iowa. I guess clean up crew is all I have room for. I struggle with GHA. SPS would be cool.
  20. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) Nope

jazzfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Money, Glue, In Tank filter pads
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Concerts, Wine Bar, Dine out
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Besides the tanks, Tonkinese Cats, concert photography
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? What work? Retired
  6. Do you collect anything? Corals
  7. What is your favorite color? Purple
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Law & Order, Wizard of OZ
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Contemporary jazz, rock, pop most anything but country & screaming heavy metal
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? Does The Olympics count?
  11. What's your favorite fish? Tie: my Mandarin pair and my Yasha goby pairs
  12. Favorite coral? Tie: Torches, Gonis
  13. Favorite invert? Would love to have Pom Pom crab/s again, the candy cane pistol shrimps that are paired with my Yashas
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? Upgraded to an IM 40 L (long) in July. No build thread-I think I'm probably a boring reefer. But I attached a tank pic. Also 14 Peninsula reef and a freshwater 10 gal..
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? See above
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Torches, Gonis, Fish in no special order
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? watching the tank evolve and learning new stuff
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Need new iphone camera lens (iphone 14 pro) the old one doesn't fit. Always can use glue gel, In Tank filter pads, Boyds Blue 5.5 oz and also the nano packets. Brightwell Microbacter 7, torches, gonis, pom pom crab
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* I live close to AquaSD so can pick up easily-gift card works!!!
  20. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) No chocolate or candy or mushrooms I mean the eating kind!!!

IMG_0625.jpg

Last edited:

CanOfTuna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  2. United States Texas
  3. What is one thing you always need more of?
    Vacations
  4. What do you like to do on the weekends?relax at the house with the kids
  5. What are your other hobbies/interests? Scuba instructor so normally doing that
  6. How do you relax after a long day at work?my work is where I relax
  7. Do you collect anything?knifes watches and guns
  8. What is your favorite color? turquoise
  9. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy or boondock Saints
  10. What type of music do you listen to? Everything
  11. Do you follow any sports teams? No sports
  12. What's your favorite fish? Peanut my os clown that is now living in the bta
  13. Favorite coral? Zoas or mushrooms
  14. Favorite invert? I only have a couple blue leg hermits because everyone else doesn’t want to play nice
  15. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? I do have a build thread
  16. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Chaeto reactor soon
  17. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? My rock climbing conch
  18. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? The growth and multiplying of corals
  19. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) magnetic lense or the camera ones I use instant ocean salt I’m growing my own phyto and pods so stuff to make that better small pumps and little accessories for cleaning and maintenance
  20. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* yes I don’t have a lfs so anything that would play well with others
  21. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) nope

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  12. Favorite coral?
  13. Favorite invert?
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread?
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.)
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*
1: USA
2: Polymer clay, it runs out fast here.
3: Pen and ink drawing, sculpture.
4: Pen and ink, sculpture, music, graphic design, vivariums, writing, spinning.
5: A cup of hot chocolate and a game of Smash Bros.
6: tropical plants and some unique crystals/small fossils
7: Honey yellow/mac n' cheese yellow, nice and saturated.
8: Vintage movies like The Court Jester, Holiday Inn, etc. Classic Muppet Show episodes too.
9: 70's-80's folk rock primarily, but I like a very wide array. Gordon Lightfoot and Kenny Loggins are my faves.
10: Nosiree.
11: Sargassum Triggerfish, close second Echidna eels.
12: Cynarina Lacrymalis.
13: Funky crabs are the best, no particular favorite.
14: Three tanks 125g, 24g, 40g. First two mixed reefs, third is the home of a spawning experiment with Cynarina.
15: An expansion to the scope of my spawning project is wished for, but not possible.
16: Hermits scuttling around & the corals moving in the current.
17: Spawning, filterless tanks, sun-powered tanks. Anything natural.
18: in desperate need of an ATO for all three tanks, and I'm still looking for a moonlight fixture that doesn't require a companion Apex. Always open to get more clay, and a neat rock or two is welcome.
19: Nosiree.
20: Yes!
21: My shirt size is men's medium.

Excited to do this again, I've loved both years before and can't wait.

GobyGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
secret santa.jpg

Ho! Ho! Ho!! Thank you all for your patience while we worked out the details, but without further adieu...

Let's get this party started!! It's our 2022 Secret Santa for Reef2Reef!!

This is going to be a great time to spread Christmas joy!!

We're getting a bit of a late start this year, but we're still going to have a blast spreading Christmas cheer!!!

NOTE: To those who have been part of our Secret Santa before, this one will be slightly different. I promise there are some good reasons for the changes, and we hope they will lead to a better experience over all.

Here is how it will work:
  • Requirements to participate:
    • At least 18 years of age (only exceptions to this will be participants who have been part of our Secret Santa before)
    • At least 14 days as a member of R2R
    • At least 10 posts on R2R
  • Gift requirement: AT LEAST $25 value and a splash of Christmas joy! (Suggested gift range is $25-$50. More on this below.)
  • As you sign up, you'll get a link to the gift exchange on Elfster (it's the Secret Santa exchange website/app that we use to organize the gift exchange) where you'll need to register so that we can easily match you with your Secret Santa.*
  • The first matchup will take place on November 24th so that all of you eager Secret Santas can take advantage of Black Friday shopping. After this, matches will happen weekly through December 10th.
  • Buy or make gifts and ship them by December 17, 2022.
  • Delivery tracking is mandatory and will need to be sent to @Santa Claus and/or updated in Elfster.
  • International Participation: This year's Secret Santa will have 2 groups for those outside the US: 1) Canadian participants, 2) other international participants. While we wish that we had enough international participation to allow all participants to only send to members within their own country, that simply isn't feasible, so please be aware of the possibility that you may need to ship internationally to participate outside the US or Canada.
Here are a few guidelines for this year:
  1. Please, PLEASE, be sure your R2R username is entered on your Elfster profile as your nickname. This really does help your Secret Santa to find you on Reef2Reef and get better gift giving ideas.
  2. This is an event that is meant to spread Christmas joy, so we're asking all participants to try to make this special for whoever you receive. While we realize that this may look different for everyone, we're asking participants to avoid sending $25 e-gift cards as your only gift. Suggested gift range is $25-$50. You may give more, but be aware that you may not receive more than this amount.
  3. All participants MUST make a post or send a message acknowledging their gift and thanking whoever their Secret Santa is. Most of you do this anyway, so I don't think it's a problem to ask. However, due to some situations we've run into before, we're making this a requirement. We'll start a Thank You thread specifically for this and link it here.
  4. About Elfster wishlists: We're getting away from using these this year. Instead, we're asking each participant to make a more detailed profile and asking each Secret Santa to get a gift based on that profile. Our hope is that this will take some of the focus off of receiving and refocus us on giving and why we do this to begin with. We realize some of you may still enjoy making wish lists, and we're fine with you doing that, but know that your Secret Santa is being encouraged not to really look at that for gift giving this year.
  5. Your gift MUST be sent by December 17th. Now, we realize things can happen, and we're always willing to work with participants. However, if your gift has not been shipped and confirmation/tracking info sent to Santa by the deadline, you may be banned from participating in future Secret Santa exchanges on Reef2Reef.
  6. Failure to abide by these guidelines may result in not being allowed future participation in Secret Santa gift exchanges. (We're really not expecting to remove anyone, but we do reserve the right to do so if a participant does not engage in the spirit of this gift exchange.)
All R2R Secret Santa participants will receive a special Secret Santa banner under their username.

To sign up, you will need to do these 2 things (PLEASE DO BOTH):
  1. PM @Santa Claus with your contact information (name, email, and country you're located in so that we can PM you the link to sign up on Elfster and join the gift exchange).
  2. Post in this thread with your answers to the questionnaire (see below) IN THIS THREAD (this is our official registration thread).
  12. Favorite coral?
  13. Favorite invert?
At this time, we are unable to guarantee matching users based on a preference for shipping coral. If shipping coral we ask that you notify @Santa Claus via PM when you would like 2 ship so we can notify recipient and make sure they will be able to receive it. If recipient can't be there we will ask them for 2 other days and work out with sender. (We don't mind playing the go between here to keep it more a secret.)

Also, notice that we have a special Secret Santa forum going on! Feel free to start other threads in here to talk about everything Secret Santa related, holiday related, or just anything you want to talk with all of us other SS peeps!

#R2RSecretSanta
Been looking forward to this and I don’t even celebrate Christmas!

Dempsey941

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
    • United States
    • Don't know?
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends?\
    • Water Changes, Watch sports.
    • Baseball, College Football; Freshwater Aquariums;
    • Watch Netflix, or something on another streaming service
    • Lego sets
    • Orange
    • Jurassic Park
    • Whatever happens to be on the radio
    • Texas Rangers, Notre Dame, Alabama
    • Saltwater: Powder Blue Tang/Flame Angel/Flasher Wrasse
    • Freshwater: Discus
  12. Favorite coral?
    • Torch Corals
  13. Favorite invert?
    • Trochus Snails
    • Cleaner Shrimp
    • Freshwater: 3x 40breeders racked [Tank 1 is a fully planted community, Tank 2 is my breeding group of Chindongo Saulosi, Tank 3 my colony of Neolamprologus Multifasciatus]
    • Saltwater: RedSea Reefer 200XL G2 [Build Thread in the works]
    • Once the Saulosi and Multis eventually stop producing offspring I'd like to take the 40 breeder rack down and convert to a 75 gallon tank for discus.
    • Coral in the flow of the system.
    • New equipment [especially automated testing related]
    • Gummy Worms, Visa Gift Cards, RODI Filter Kits (BRS 4-Stage)
    • No. Super picky about that.

vabben

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? DI Resin, Kalk, Trident Reaggent
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Hunt, Fish, anything outdoors with my kids
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Hunting, Fishing, Hiking
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Drink....Vodka
  6. Do you collect anything? Highend Acros
  7. What is your favorite color? Black
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? The Big Lebowski
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Rock
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? Dallas Cowboys, Chicago Cubs
  11. What's your favorite fish? Tangs, Clownfish close 2nd
  12. Favorite coral? Acropora
  13. Favorite invert? Urchin
    1. 12O Gallon main display. Acro dominated. No Build thread.
    2. 60 Gallon Basement Frag Tank. Accidental frags, and whatever free stuff locals feel like giving away. No build thread
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Upgrading the lights on the frag system tonight. Maybe make the frag system more automated with an Apex addition.
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Frags growing!
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? New tech.
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Consumables are always welcome, glue, frag tiles, nori, Kalk, DI, Reagents.
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Yes, acro, possibly some LPS. Torch, goni, meat corals.

OP
OP
Santa Claus

Santa Claus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only 3 trophy points. Bummer. Happy Holidays All!
Hi! It looks to me like you meet all the requirements. You've been a member long enough, and you have enough posts. The only thing you'll need to be sure you meet is the age requirement. ;)

ScottJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Salifert kits (Nitrate, Phosphate, Calcium, Mag) Chemipure Blue or Elite , Gel Super Glue
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Water changes, work in the shop, yard work, hanging out on the deck in good weather
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Woodworking, reading,
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? I'm blessed to be semi-retired and am home by 1pm weekdays, so I don't really have long days!
  6. Do you collect anything? Pocket knives, but I don't really have very many
  7. What is your favorite color? Magenta
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Nothing seems to hold my interest anymore. I DO watch a lot of history and science type stuff on YouTube, though.
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Jazz
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? No
  11. What's your favorite fish? My Tailspot Blenny
  12. Favorite coral? Zoas
  13. Favorite invert? Peppermint Shrimp
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? Evo 13.5 with a clown, tailspot blenny, 3 peppermint shrimp, a few zoas and 2 shrooms. 20gal with a very nasty Darwin clown, and a YWG, no corals yet. 55gal planted FW with a large school of Neons, a bunch of Rummy nose, and a group of panda corys.
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Just trying to get more zoas in the Evo and get the hair algae in the 20 under control.
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? I like to watch how they change over time.
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? I'm kind of a tool junkie, so I love all the equipment.
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) A bag of good, dark roast coffee that is local to your area. A jar of your local area honey. Dog treats for our 3 mini dachshunds (they told me to add that) Nori
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* No
  20. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) Nope

Last edited:

Syntax1235

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  1. What country are you located in? United States
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Coffee
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Relax
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Golf
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Play some Clash of Clans
  6. Do you collect anything? No
  7. What is your favorite color? Green
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Hunt For Red October
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Jazz / Rock / Classical
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? New England Patriots
  11. What's your favorite fish? Copperband
  12. Favorite coral? Acropora
  13. Favorite invert? Snails
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? 165 Gallon 60x24x25 SPS Dominant / 40B QT / Yes, I have a build thread
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? I would like to add some kind of auto testing, not sure which brand.
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Coral Growth
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? The Chemistry
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Whole Coffee Beans dark roast / Gel Super Glue or other fragging supplies
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* No, not interested in livestock besides macro algae that tangs will eat
  20. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) nope :)

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm in!

What country are you located in? USA

What is one thing you always need more of? Chocolate, Coca Cola, coffee, t-shirts

What do you like to do on the weekends? Church activities, spend time with family (my wife and 2 kiddos), explore reef stores and coffee shops, play board games with friends, watch new movies

What are your other hobbies/interests? Specialty coffee (I like to try single origin coffees or different styles of coffee brewing from other cultures), car modding, reading (I read lots of church ministry-related books), travel and culture

How do you relax after a long day at work?

Do you collect anything? Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, and MCU memorabilia. Books by Timothy Keller, Reef art

What is your favorite color? Black

What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, MCU movies, Jason Bourne movies, Friends, Parks and Rec, Community

What type of music do you listen to? Worship music, alternative rock (early 2000's)

Do you follow any sports teams? New Orleans Saints

What's your favorite fish? Tough question... Madagascan Flasher Wrasse, but wrasses in general are awesome!

Favorite coral? This one is also tough... Acros, but lately I'm on a bounce mushroom kick...all kinds of bounces

Favorite invert? Colorado Sunburst BTA

Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? I'm currently tankless...but I've got a 225g peninsula reef in the works. Link is my build thread badge and also in my signature. The plan is that it'll be an Acro dominant mixed reef... with lots of wrasses. :cool:

Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? The one I'm currently building is the upgrade

What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? I really enjoy watching the fish

Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? New equipment innovations and captive breeding... anything that makes us more sustainable

What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) I like lots of things. Reef art is always cool. Honestly, anything related to the interests I've mentioned above (coffee, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, board games, etc...I like things that are different).

Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? No tank at the moment, so livestock wouldn't be a good idea.

aSaltyKlown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What country are you located in? USA
What is one thing you always need more of? Hanna, P04, N03 and Alk reagents
What do you like to do on the weekends? Relax and tank maintenance, hike
What are your other hobbies/interests? Photography, Console/PC Gaming
How do you relax after a long day at work? Watch tank -TV, game
Do you collect anything? Junk
What is your favorite color? Blue
What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Futurama, V for Vendetta, Marvel
What type of music do you listen to? 80's/90's Thrash Metal
Do you follow any sports teams? Washington Caps, Nats, Commanders.
What's your favorite fish?
Favorite coral? Euphyllia
Favorite invert? Cleaner Shrimp or Fighting Conch
Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? 40 Breeder What do you keep in them? Corals-
Black Ice clown, Frozen Frostbite clown, Purple Firefish, Yellow Watchman Goby, Red Head Goby, Cleaner Shrimp, Coral Banded Shrimp, Tiger Pistol Shrimp. Do you have a build thread? The Salty40b
Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Kamoer X1 BT dosing pump
What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Pistol Shrimp, YWG, just two wild and crazy guys!
Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? Secret Santa
What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Hanna reagents, bag of Kalk
Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* No
Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) None that I can think of.

mjszos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1. What country are you located in? USA, Illinois
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Euphyllia or Mushrooms! Outside the tank - Salt (Red Sea Black Bucket) and lighting!
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Tinkering with electronics, spending time with my family, and gardening.
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Woodworking, Gardening, and general tinkering.
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? A sit in a nice chair observing my tank, or reading/listening to a book.
  6. Do you collect anything? Art, specifically minimalist paintings and sculptures, and reef photography.
  7. What is your favorite color? Green
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Lord of the Rings or Star Wars
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Jam bands, classic rock, and electronic music.
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? Red Bull Racing (F1) if that counts!
  11. What's your favorite fish? Yellow Tang
  12. Favorite coral? Torches or unique hammers.
  13. Favorite invert? Cleaner Shrimps - odd little buggers they are.
  14. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? 3 tanks.. 1x 5 gallon pico (soon to be torn down), 1x 13.5 Gallon mixed reef, mostly Hammers and Ricorida, 55G - currently empty, stocking my first 2 fish on Friday! There are build threads for both the 13.5 and the 55. The 13.5 has not been updated in some time, and likely will be torn down and setup from scratch in the next few months.
  15. Do you have any planned upgrades or hopeful future tweaks to your tank(s)? Red Sea ReefMat, a second Radion XR15 G6, and a controller
  16. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? The interaction between fish and coral.
  17. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? Learning more and more every day. From chemistry to husbandry to microbiology.
  18. What are some good gift ideas for you? (This isn't meant to be a wish list. Just some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Frags would be a dream as the tank is bare right now. But in general art/prints of coral/fish would be awesome.
  19. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Yes, as long as it is reef safe.
  20. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) Nope, you did a great job and greatly appreciate the time and effort it takes to run these initiatives. R2R and all of its staff rocks :)

OP
OP
Santa Claus

Santa Claus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Secret Santas!!! I've added this year's Secret Santa badge to everyone who has filled out the registration questionnaire (if you don't have the badge, it's because I didn't see where you answered the questionnaire). Please be sure to keep an eye on the new threads started in this forum.

Please everyone, be sure that you all do each of the following:
  1. Fill out the questionnaire as thoroughly as possible. Remember, this is very important for helping your Secret Santa get to know you and get good ideas about what kinds of things you like. At the time of the name draw, I will be removing anyone from Elfster who has not completed the questionnaire.
  2. Be sure that you PM me for the link to Elfster.
  3. Be sure to register on Elfster because that is how we will do the name draw and where you will find your match for a gift recipient.
@R2R Secret Santa 2022
#R2RSecretSanta

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back